||26||

"Hey," I was greeted by Nanashima as I left the girls changing room, now in my school uniform rather than my pe kit because I seriously couldn't be bothered having to go and change again. Seems Nanashima had the same idea, his blonde hair was pushed back, still wet from swimming and he had his blazer in his hand, his tie loose around his neck and the top two buttons of his shirt undone. What a mess... at least he has the sense to tuck his shirt in.

"Hi. Were you waiting for me?" I asked, he nodded and threw his arm up so he was holding his blazer over his shoulder.

"Yeah," he nodded, "I was wondering something."

"Hm?" I looked to him curiously, "what is it?"

"You were really fast there," he looked away awkwardly as we began walking, "I was wondering if you'd swim with me on Saturday?"

"Act--" I began before I was pulled back by someone, their arm warping around the front of my shoulders.

"She can't, she's hanging out with me," Kuroo's voice came from behind me.

"Kuroo?" I looked behind to look at me. Since when was that happening? I have work on Saturday and then training with Tenchi...

"Oh really?" Nanashima asked a brow raised, "then I guess we'll have to swim another day then. I'll be in touch. Bye~"

He walked away from us while myself and Kuroo just stayed stood in the middle of the yard still. We stayed like that for a while before I finally felt uncomfortable in the position we were in.

"Hey... Kuroo... can you let me go... please?" I spoke up.

"Oh! Right. Yeah. Sorry..." Kuroo quickly let me go and I turned to face him, his expression was weird, I've never seen someone with an expression like that before.

"What's the matter?" I asked, "you look weird. Also, you know I can't hang out with you on Saturday, right? I'm working and then training with my coach so..."

"Ah-- yeah," he nodded, "sorry I got--"

He went silent and looked away. Weird?

"Well whatever is going on with you, fix yourself, we need to get back to class now," I told him before turning and walking to where the rest of the pe class were stood.

"Now," Miss Hosumi called, "team l/n won the bet, coming first in three out of four of the sports. Team Yaku came second overall, Team Kai got third and Team Matsuo finally came in last. As the deal has been laid out, those being lead by volleyball players will be doing swimming suicides lead by l/n and the team being lead by a swimmer will be joining the volleyball team after school for their suicide. Everyone get changed and go to your respective locations for the penalty. Team l/n may go get changed and go home once the bell has signalled the end of the day. Good work today."

"Yes, ma'am," we all nodded before everyone disappeared again except those of us who'd already changed.

"Well well, Kuroo, looks like you'll be swimming until you die," I turned to the bead headed boy beside me.

"I won't make it easy on you," he stuck his tongue out at me before turning and walking in the direction of the swimming pool.

The rest of the day I gave the swim team the day off from training, though some stuck around to watch Yaku's and Kai's teams suffer from the suicide laps. After an hour and a half of that, we all went home. Everyone complaining about being tired and sore from the work I'd forced them through. Now I'm walking with Kuroo.

"This time I'm walking you home," I told him, he looked at me confused, "and I won't take no for an answer."

"U-uh... ok then," he nodded before slinging his arm around my shoulder, "you're a weird girl aren't you, y/n?"