||58||

English = normal
Japanese = italics

°🌊°

"OK," I finished getting changed and stretched before heading out to the poolside.

Time to race.

It's the second heat for the 200m free.

As for the other races today, Âme came second in her 200m butterfly heat this morning and Mei came third in her heat for the same race. Then this afternoon in the 50m free Kyoka came fifth and in her heat of the 100m free she came third while I came second.

It's been peaceful until... right now.

I looked to my left to see Rose Colt stood right next to me.

"That's it," I sighed, "the universe hates me."

"Oh I can't wait to kick your ass," Rose decided to provoke me as soon as she noticed me next to her as well, "and in front of the team too."

Team?

I quickly looked up, my gaze automatically moved to the seating area that the team I used to be on favoured. Just as she said, the team was there. Every single one of them.

Why?

My gaze landed on Amelia Colt, sat next to the youngest of the three Colts, Lily. She was grinning so much that if you pinched the corners of her mouth she could become some kind of Tim Burton character or something.

Ah.

That's why they're here.

She told them all.

I came second in my first race and she was also there watching. But the rest of the team wasn't so I guess I'm lucky about that... I need to win. I have to come first. I have to kick Rose in the ass so she finally gets it in her head that she can't beat me and that I'm not here to be ridiculed by these assholes but Swim and-

My gaze landed on my team. Nekoma.

Mako and Rayla stood at the railing and waved at me, Mako turned her phone to me to show there was a video call going on and mouthed 'Volleyball' to me.

I smiled and focused forward again.

I came to swim, win for Nekoma and go home to do my end of year exams then spend the rest of the year with my boyfriend and our goofy friends until the time comes and I leave to go to university here in Australia again. After that? Who knows what'll happen but what I do know is, I need to focus and have fun today.

Yep. Fun is all I need.

"Hello?" Rose waved her hand in front of my face, "are you even listening to me?"

"What?" I looked over to her, "oh. Sorry, didn't know there was still a fly buzzing around my face."

She let out a low grumble as she glared at me.

"You've become quiet rude since you moved to Japan," she rolled her eyes, "did you forget all of your manners and respect to the heirachy over there?"

"Oh, sorry, I couldn't hear your bullshit over the sound of me being team captain therefore being a higher position in your precious heirachy than you will ever be," I told her as the get ready signal was set.

I pulled my goggles down and stepped onto the diving platform.

"No wonder there's barely anyone from Japan," Rose scoffed as she appeared next to me again, now also on her board, "if you're captain then I doubt anyone will actually learn a thing while swimming with you."

"You know," I looked to her as we leaned over into our diving positions, "You're talking but... I genuinely cannot hear a thing."

She glared once again and I looked forward, focusing on the pool.

OK.

Here we go.

The countdown began and then the horn to start the race was blown.

I pushed myself forward and dove into the pool.

I can do this.

I will win this.