||19||

"We won!" I heard all of the team and Rayla, Mako and Haruka basically scream as I looked to the board.

Lane 8 - Team Nekoma - rank: 1 - 02:43:02

I couldn't help but let out a cheer of my own.

"That was nerve wrecking," Mako sighed as she offered her hand to me, "come on. Let's get dried off."

I nodded and took her hand, she pulled me out the pool and we all walked to the changing rooms.

We changed out of our costumes and into our club uniform before packing our bags and heading outside where the team were all grinning.

"You guys did great and you qualified for nationals in all your races, y/n," Hana smiled at us, "you really pulled through."

Footsteps filled the hall.

"So you beat us again," Luna's voice spoke up, "we also qualified for nationals in the medley. We'll see you there and we'll destroy you."

We watched as Samezuka walked away, Rosa gave us an apologetic smile before rushing after them.

"You know..." I hummed, "I don't ever remember being competitive with any team like we are with Samezuka. It's kind of amusing."

"Of course it is," Sosuke gave me a bored look and shook his head, "the awards ceremony is in ten minutes so go get a drink and meet us in the hall."

"Yeah," we nodded before myself, Mako, Rayla and Haruka walked away to go buy drinks.

°🌊°

"This is embarrassing," I mumbled as we sat in a restaurant, a lot of us had medals on but myself, Mako and Rayla had the most, me having more than the two of them.

"You have to keep them on," Kuroo teased, "I mean-- I'm buying you dinner. The least you can do is wear your winnings."

"I hate you," I glared as he pulled his phone out.

"This is a good chance to get a photo for our work," he said as he lined his phone up to me, "smile."

I looked away, embarrassed and smiled a small awkward smile.

"You're so cute, y/n," Mako laughed from her seat opposite Rayla who was sat beside me.

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes and glared at Kuroo who was showing me the photo.

"Let me get a photo of the whole team!" he announced before standing up at the end of the table, "Sosuke and Haru you too."

"Sure," my brothers nodded before we all looked to the phone, the sound of the camera taking a photo gave us the signal that he was finished and we can eat. Kuroo took his seat opposite me and began eating with us.

°🌊°

"Home sweet home," I flopped on the sofa as dad walked out of his office.

"Welcome home," he smiled at the three of us, "that's a lot of medals there, y/n. Well done."

"Thanks," I nodded. Though I'd like you to see me earn a medal one day.

"I'm going to nationals," I told him, "and if I pass that I can go to Australia and compete in the globals which are being held there this year."

"Speaking of Australia," dad looked at me seriously, "college. Will you be returning to Australia for it?"

"Wait--" I sat up as Haru and Sosuke looked at dad shocked, "are you saying what I think you're saying?"

"You're clearly doing very well in swimming so if you wish to continue swimming competitively at college level then I'll fund your attending that college you and that boy... Rin, was it? Talked about a lot."

"Seriously?!" I shouted.

He pushed his glasses up his nose and nodded.

"Do you think I have time to joke about your future?" he asked me seriously.

"No of course not," I shook my head, "but there must be some kind of catch, right?"

"You're smart as always," he nodded, "you must also take a course that will ensure you have a stable job for if you end up retiring from swimming early."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Like business," he told me, "then you can take over my position. I know that Sosuke won't because he's determined that he'll become a coach once he's done with competing and Haru is too immature to take over my position."

"Dad," Haru frowned, "that's not fair."

"You want to become a teacher anyway, don't you?" I quickly cut in to stop an argument, Haru puffed his cheeks out and nodded, "I'll agree to your circumstances, dad. I really want to attend that college. I haven't really thought about what I'd do if I retired from competitive swimming so I'll take business or law or something like that to have something under my belt."

"Do business or the deal is off," dad told me bluntly

"Alright," I nodded, "I'll do business then."

Sounds boring... But if its to give me something to support myself with then I'm fine with that.

"Well... I stink of chlorine... So I'm going to shower and then hit the hay. I'm exhausted and I have work tomorrow so..." I quickly got up and headed towards the stairs, "see you after work tomorrow."

"Yeah," the guys all nodded before I disappeared out of the way.

I slipped into my room and emptied my swimming stuff into the washing basket that my mum has put separate for all sports clothes. Something about not wanting normal clothes to stink of sweat or chlorine? She's a weird lady. It's all washed at the same time so the smells don't stick right? Or maybe I'm wrong.

It's all the same to me.

"Thank goodness there's no school tomorrow," I stretched my arms out before hooking my new medals onto the spare hooks in my show case, "I need a new or bigger show case. Too many awards..."

I stripped down and went into my en suit and took a shower before changing into my pyjamas and knocking my light off then diving into my bed.

"Comfy," I melted into my pillow and stared out of the window to my right, the night sky visible and the stars shimmering brightly.

Tokyo evenings are beautiful when the sky is clear... Its soothing...