||5||

"Good work today, ladies!" I announced before humming, "and men..."

I smiled.

"You worked very hard, now head on home. Girls, we have inter high prelims on Saturday so tomorrow we have a joint training session with Samezuka. Hana if you wish you may sit tomorrow out but you need to make sure that you train hard while we're gone," I looked to the girl, she shook her head.

"I want to go," she told me, determination flaring in her eyes, "I'm going to beat them all in a race!"

"As if--" Mako poked her side, "you don't have the stamina for that."

"OK," Hana pouted, "I guess I'll just beat the captain. I mean she was the one who chased me away."

"Alright then," I nodded, "be at school for 5am. The bus leaves at 5:30am. Its an early start but its because we have half a day of travel. To remind you, you will be back home for about 1am or 2am the next day and have been excused from class to rest. I want you all to rest, don't want you getting injured. See you tomorrow."

"Bye, captain," all the girls nodded before grabbing their jackets and leaving.

I noticed the boys hadn't left yet.

"Something wrong?" I asked, looking at them confused.

"You haven't told us what we're to do, captain," Kuroo grinned.

"Don't get on my bad side or I'll throw you in the pool and get you to do penalty laps again," I winked before turning, grabbing my jacket and walking away.

I quickly changed into my club uniform and grabbed my bag before walking out and heading in the direction of home, I was reaching the gate when I noticed a form leaning against the wall.

"Hm?" I hummed in curiosity, "oh its him."

Rooster head. I mean-- Kunoo. Uh-- Kuroo.

"Hey," he jogged over to me, "allow me to walk you home."

"I'm good," I replied, "thanks though."

I doubt he even knows how to navigate my area. It's kind of confusing.

"Oh come on," Kuroo smiled, taking my bag from my hands and beginning to walk in the wrong direction. I sighed.

"Fine, if you insist," I continued walking home, "but you're walking in the wrong direction."

"Uh-- oh-- right," Kuroo quickly jogged to catch up with me. We walked in silence for a while. It was nice. Peaceful.

"So... I don't think I've ever seen you before so did you just move here or..?" Kuroo started up a conversation, obviously not happy with the silence.

"I've lived in Japan for three years," I replied with a small shrug, "I came here right before our first year of high school began and I've been in college prep class A the whole time."

"That makes sense, I only just got into class A this year, I was in college prep B in second year and just normal classes in first year," he replied, "so where did you live before Japan?"

"Australia," I replied with a smile as fond memories came back to me.

"Your Japanese is amazing!" he suddenly exclaimed.

"I have lived here for three years... But then again my school district in Australia taught us Japanese as the mandatory foreign language," I told him slightly awkward that he expected my Japanese to be bad, "though when I started attending Nekoma, I was struggling to get my pronouns and addresses right. I still don't get my addresses right... I don't call people the correct name, I just naturally call them by their first name or whatever name I hear first when they introduce themselves to me. Though... I don't always remember the names."

"So you call me Tetsuro?" Kuroo beamed at me.

"No... You're Kuroo. To be totally honest, I forgot your name," I replied, Kuroo slumped forward, defeated, "but I'll remember it this time, Tetsuro."

He stared at me for a moment before smiling as we finally reached my apartment complex.

"Well, this is me," I smiled, taking my bag back, "do you know how to get back home?"

"Yeah," Kuroo nodded, though his face said something else. He has no idea where he is, huh?

"Alright then, excuse me then," I turned around and began walking to the door.

"Wait l/n--"

"y/n," I corrected.

"Uh-- y/n, can I get your number?" Kuroo asked.

I turned around and nodded, we swapped phones and put our numbers in before passing them back. I smiled and waved before going inside.

Getting into the lift, I press the eighth floor and then quickly sent Kuroo a message knowing exactly how he'll be feeling looking around my neighbourhood.

It's quite the maze.

"I'm home!" I announced as I entered our apartment and closed the door behind me.

"Welcome home, sis!" Haru shouted, "dad is in the office late today and mum is going out with a friend who's visiting Tokyo. Its just me, you and Sosuke today."

"Right," I nodded neatly lining my shoes up against the shoes rack and hanging my bag up before walking through the house and flopping down on the sofa.

Kuroo's PoV

I watched y/n walk into the super fancy apartment complex before turning and beginning to walk around before sighing and looking around.

"I'm lost," I slumped forward before a small whistle alerted me to a message.

I smiled as I read the message.

She saw straight through me.

I let out a small laugh and then followed the direction she'd pointed me in.

This is turning out to be quite fun. I quite like y/n, she's different than any other girl I am fortunate or unfortunate to come across... I'm interested, truly...