||47||

"I got my stuff," I announced, leaving the store before frowning when I noticed Tetsuro and Rin were already halfway down the hall to the pool, basically walking with their heads butting together.

Seriously. Should I just go home? This seems like it's going to be a pain in the ass.

"I'll just go get changed," I muttered to myself before turning and walking to the girls changing room. Once I was changed, I tossed the rest of my stuff in a locker before walking out to the poolside where Rin was stood awaiting.

"Hey, where's Tetsuro?" I asked when I reached him.

"Ah. Your boyfriend forgot he didn't have a swim suit until we got into the changing room and had to go back and buy the stuff like you," Rin replied, "he's not very bright, is he?"

"Actually, he's in the top scoring percentile," I replied.

"Let me guess. Second only to you?" he asked.

"And another guy called Yaku," I replied as I sat on the edge of the pool with my feet dipping into one of our assigned lanes, Rin dropped into the other.

"By the way, I was talking about Australia with him and he didn't seem to know about it," he suddenly told me.

"Hey! You didn't tell him I'm going with you, right?" I asked, he quickly shook his head, "Good. I haven't gotten around to telling him yet and I don't plan to until both of us are finished with school."

Well, actually, finished with the sports portion of it. Then again, we have finals after that. Should I just wait until we're finished with our exams too..?

Ah! I don't know anymore!

"That's going to be cutting it pretty close," Rin stated, swirling his foot around in the water, "you sure he won't react bad?"

"Hm? What do you mean?" I asked, looking over to him to see him looking at the water.

"I mean-- by that point we'll be applying or waiting for application responses, right?" he answered, looking over to me, "what if he feels like you waited until that point to create a moment where he has no choice but to accept it even if he's not OK with it?"

"Do you think that'd happen?" I asked.

"Maybe?" he shrugged, "I don't know Kuroo all that well so judge as you think is right. But be prepared either way because I doubt that he'll come with you to Australia which means-"

"Long distance relationship," we both said at the same time.

"Well at least you know," he smiled, "ah. Here he comes now."

I turned and looked over to the pool entrance to see Tetsuro stood there in bright pink swimming trunks with little cat faces here and there.

"Were you shopping in Hello Kitty Town?" Rin teased, "What's with the cats?"

"They didn't have anything else in my size," Tetsuro glared at him before dropping down next to me and then sliding into the water, "o-- damn- that's cold."

I accidentally let a laugh slip out before quickly covering it up with a small clearing of my throat.

"Was that-- I hope that wasn't a laugh," Tetsuro raised his brow at me playfully before waddling back and picking me up, "let's see how you take the cold water, hm?"

"Wait--" I grabbed his hands and quickly took in some air before he pulled me down under the water.

He pulled me back up and I exhaled before letting out a shiver.

"Holy crap, that is cold," I exclaimed.

"Oi, oi, I'm not here to be your third wheel," Rin was now also in the water, leaning on the partition between our lanes and giving us an unamused look.

"Swim away, my unamused friend," Tetsuro waved his hand in a shooing motion towards Rin who just let out a 'pff' sound and started swimming away.

"Spring Tournament is coming up soon," I stated, looking back to Tetsuro, "how are the guys? Lev in particular."

Tetsuro sighed.

"Better," he answered, "I think we're going to go all the way to the finals this year. All the way to the top!"

"I believe in you," I grinned, "I'm pretty bummed I won't be there to watch in person but I'll try catch the broadcasts."

Tetsuro smiled and rested his head on my shoulder before letting out a cough and quickly straightened up again.

"Chlorine in my eyes," he muttered, rubbing his eyes before glancing to me, "your place to Australia leaves on the second, right?"

"Yep," I nodded.

"Would you like to come to my house for New Year? We can go to the temple together and wish for success in our sports," Tetsuro asked.

"Oh sure," I replied, "My mum will be working and dad is on a business trip until January tenth so it's just going to be me and my brothers."

"Oh. Actually, it might just be me and Haru because Sosuke said something about a date?" I quickly corrected, "I think? I wasn't really listening."

"Well, my mum will be happy with any amount of people," Tetsuro smiled, "she loves guests."

"I'll text you whether it's just me and Haru later then," I told him before sighing, "hey, I need to talk about something with you."

"Hm? What is it?" Tetsuro asked before a sudden splash of water smacked him in the face.

I watched as Tetsuro's face went from smiling, to shocked, to blank, to extremely annoyed as he looked to Rin who was now stood behind us, clearly bored after swimming a length.

"Come on loser, I want to race you," Rin pointed to Tetsuro, "see if you're any good in the water."

"You're on!" Tetsuro yelled.

I sighed but decided to watch it at the top of the pool anyway.

They both got ready and I gave them a countdown. They both set off and just as I expected... Tetsuro didn't even stand a chance.

It must've annoyed him a lot because for the rest of our allotted time, both of them raced over and over. Rin lost once. It was the last race and it was because he got cocky having beaten Tetsuro multiple times already.

I came to the pool intending to race with Rin but ended up sat watching two boys aggrivate each other.

Did they forget I was even here?