||23||

"Alright! Swap around!" Nekomata shouted before we all swapped out.

"Hey, l/n," Fennril and Rio approached me.

"What's up?" I asked, looking at them curiously.

"The guy who's on the mound plays with the under 19 Japan baseball team," Rio told me, "he's a great pitcher. So good they have him as their starter."

"I see," I nodded, "I'm sure we can do just fine."

"Alright..." Fennril nodded, the two girls giving me and unsure look.

"You know what, I'll even bat first to get a feel on how he pitches," I suggested, putting a hat on and grabbing a wooden bat. I could use a metal one but... I don't know how he likes to pitch when he doesn't have coach advice so, I'll just keep to a normal bat.

"Batter up!" someone shouted way to enthusiastically, I chuckled to myself silently before readying myself to hit the ball.

"Strike one!" came a shout from behind me.

What the hell?!

I didn't even see it coming?

When did he throw?

Huh?

"Focus," I scolded myself before looking at the boy again, this time I saw the ball.

"Strike 2!"

I swung but missed?

Alright, this time I'll wait.

I noticed that Kai was on third base and Kuroo was in the field. I need to keep away from them, knowing them, they're probably freaking amazing at catching. 

The boy pulled back again, his eyes met mine, an overconfident smirk grew on his face before he threw the ball at me.

Bitch you did not just do that-

It's fast...

Wait...

It was like the world slowed down, I watched as the ball slowly but quickly travelled towards me.

Wait.

It got closer and closer.

Wait a bit longer...

... Now!

I swung the bat and watched as the two objects connected sending the ball flying across the field.

"Yes!" I shouted before throwing my bat and sprinting around to first base, as I ran I kept an eye out. The ball hadn't dropped yet.

Drop. Drop. Please drop. But don't get caught...

I reached second base when the ball finally hit the floor and Kuroo had picked it up, sending it flying to where Kai was waiting to catch it.

I can do this.

I was reaching Kai when the ball was getting closer to him.

I'm going to have to slide.

Pushing myself, I ran as fast as I could before dropping myself down, sticking one foot out as I skidded along the dirt, Kai caught the ball and moved to put it down.

"Safe!" coach Nekomata announced as the dust disappeared to show my foot on the white square and Kai's hand on my foot.

(is that safe? Idk I'm making things up as I go right now :p)

"Hell yeah! Thank god!" I grinned. Kai looked annoyed before he offered me his hand, I gladly took it and he pulled me to my feet again, "that was close."

"Indeed it was," he nodded, "I'm impressed."

I nodded in thanks before getting up and walking over to the dugout again. Looking up, I see the score board change our team to:

Team l/n  - 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0
Team Kai - 4 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0

We'd learned during Team Kai's batting turn, that getting runs was really hard, they batted for a good ten minutes before 90% of the team was out and coach Nekomata decided to swap the teams before we ran out of playing time.

"That was awesome!" the girls and boys on my team all cheered.

"When you go up to bat, wait, don't just blindly swing because he's pitching," I cut their cheering off, "then if you're not very athletic, you can run a base at a time unless someone hits far and then you'll have to run as fast as they do. Sorry about that."

The girls all nodded, not worrying about what to do.

So one by one we all batted, our not so athletic kids like Asami and Ayato were hit out of the game pretty quick with three strikes. At the end of our batting we had 3 points and then swapped around. In the end our game ended at:

Team l/n  - 3 | 2 | 2 | 0 | 1 | 3 | 4 Total: 15
Team Kai - 4 | 1 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 1 Total: 11

My team won.

"Aw man, we lost," Kuroo whined as he and Kai approached me, "this is so not fun."

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"How does it feel to eat my dust?" I asked, my competitiveness showing.

"Not good," Kuroo pouted, "though it was super fun."

"Duh," I smiled before Yaku's team appeared.

"Team Kai, go to the other field, Team Yaku, join Team l/n in here," coach Nekomata ordered, Kuroo waved at me before he and Kai along with the rest of their team left and Yaku approached me.

"So you won, huh?" Yaku asked, I nodded.

"And I don't intend on losing," I replied.

"Well neither do I," Yaku nodded, sticking his hand out, I took it and we shook hands before going to our respective teams.

1 hour later_

"We lost!" Yaku exclaimed, kneeling on the floor as some kind of gloomy aura surrounded him, "how?"

"Good game," I smiled at him, extending my hand out for him to take and so I could pull him up to his feet again.

Team l/n     - 2 | 3 | 2 | 4 | 3 | 0 | 2 Total: 16
Team Yaku - 3 | 1 | 1 | 4 | 2 | 0 | 2 Total: 13

Next thing I know, I'm playing basketball.

I turned to my team and starting to set up the players who will start on the court, then I did my group two to four players because we would have to change the playing groups out twice in each half of the game.

I suck at basketball so I put myself in the fourth group in attempts to give me less embarrassment because hopefully we should be dramatically ahead of the other team. Then I wouldn't have to suffer the pain of being terrible.

We first played Team Yaku, we beat them at 124 - 120, then Team Matsuo played against Team Kai, Team Matsuo beat Team Kai at 45 - 29. Then it was my team verses Rayla's.

"I swear to god, if we get beaten by y/n I'll drop kick you," Mako glared at Rayla who sighed.

"Unfortunately..." Rayla trailed off, "I don't think this'll be much of a game..."

"Yeah, have you seen your basketball strength on there?" I asked, "a lot of my guys are on the schools basketball team."

I pointed to the group of girls on my team that were all doing weird things, excited to do the sport that they train every day in.

"Sorry in advance," I nodded to them before going to my team and listening to the girls gush over their love for basketball as they explained the rules to those who didn't know them yet.

It seemed that Rayla and Mako had made it so I'd end up playing against them as well. Damn... that sucks, they're half decent at basketball...