||12||

"Morning, girls!" I greeted the swimmers.

"Morning, captain," they all nodded to me.

"Captain, can I ask why we're meeting here and not swimming?" Haruka raised her hand, I nodded to her.

"Excellent question," I smiled, "the inter high is starting in two days! I want everyone to decide on what they want to do. First years, think about whether you have enough stamina at the moment to compete. So I'd like you to consider the pros and cons unless I've specifically asked you to compete. Second years, I want you to enter at least one race, even if it's just your strongest stroke and third years... I expect you to compete in as many races as you possibly can put yourself through. But don't push yourself too much, I don't want you guys to be injured because you've been pushing yourself so hard."

I pulled a clipboard and piece of paper out my bag, on it was a list of everyone's names.

"I'll have this with me for today, I have to submit the form tomorrow so feel free to come and sign yourself up for things throughout the day. You all know where my classroom is and I'll be at the pool during lunch and after school," I told them as I looked down at the form, only myself, Rayla, Mako and Haruka had something signed up for, for me it was back stroke 200m, Freestyle 400m and then the medley relay. For the other three just the medley relay for now.

"If you want any advise for it, feel free to come ask me. We can always look over your times and strengths and make a decision from there. Don't feel pressured to do it. If you really don't want to compete, then don't, but I hope you'll still come and support your team," I finished before the bell for homeroom rung throughout the school, "now go to class. Think about what you'll do if you do compete. Have a good day."

"Thank you, captain!" everyone chimed.

°🌊°

"Hey, l/n! There's a bunch of second years here to see you!" someone called out, I looked up to see the second year swimmers at the door way.

"Well don't stand in their way, let them through!" Rayla ordered, her hands on her hips, "I swear Kirigaya, you're so stupid sometimes."

"Ah-- whoops," Kirigaya laughed before stepping to the side and the girls walked in.

"Here to sign up?" I asked, they all nodded so I pulled the clipboard out of my bag and placed it on my desk. They all one by one signed up for something. Even Hana.

"I'm glad you're all doing something," I smiled as I slipped the clipboard back in my bag, "train hard but remember not to strain yourself too much."

"Yes, captain," they all smiled before turning and walking away.

"Go, y/n! Rally your troops!" I heard Kuroo joke from his seat at the back of the class. I turned around and stuck my tongue out at him.

"My troops are ready to charge their way to number 1," I grinned before turning my attention back to Rayla and Mako.

Not long after, the bell for after break classes rung out and our teacher returned.

"Alright, class," she quietened us down, "for the last section of this term, we'll be doing partner work and you'll pull a topic name from a hat. I have everyone partnered up so keep a ear out for your name."

We all nodded and started listening out.

"Mako Natsuya and Morisuke Yaku," the teacher read out right at the beginning, "Rayla Matsuo and Sozura Kirigaya."

It took a while but my name was finally read out: "f/n l/n and Tetsuro Kuroo."

I sighed, I really wish I could've been with Rayla or Mako... Not that Kuroo is a bad partner either... I just have more to talk about with them because I've known them for so long. With Kuroo... All I can talk about is being captain of one of Nekoma's sports teams... Not much of a conversation boost, really.

"Alright, now everyone has their partners, go and sit with them and I'll come around with a hat with the topic names in for you," our teacher announced, "you'll be presenting your projects to the class at the end of the term."

What was that noise? Oh yeah... My self confidence falling out the building. I hate public speaking. Help.

The class moved around while I was panicking about doing a presentation at the front of the class and next thing I knew, Kuroo was sat in front of me, grinning his face off.

"Seems like you're stuck with me now," he winked at me, I rolled my eyes and focused on our teacher as she reached us.

"Don't draw something bad," I told Kuroo as he put his hand in the hat and ruffled it around a bit before pulling out a small slip of folded up paper. He unfolded it and turned it to me.

"Something we love together?" I read out, "but I only met you recently

"Something we love together?" I read out, "but I only met you recently. How can I love anything with you?"

Kuroo turned the paper around and hummed in thought as well.

"I don't know. Its kind of vague," he nodded, "We'll have to think about this a bit more. Or maybe a bit less? I feel like it's something simple."

The bell rung out.

It's that time already?

"I'll text you later," I told the rooster head in front of me and packed my stuff away before Mako and Rayla grabbed me and dragged me to the pool, "what did you guys get?"

"Family," Mako replied.

"Free time," Rayla smiled, "and you?"

"Something we love together," I replied, "it's confusing. We don't love anything together."

"But you do," Mako smiled softly at me, "you just have to think about it a bit harder. It'll hit you soon enough."

"Thanks for the help," I gave her a bored look as we entered the swimming pool, "Alright girls, sign up sheet is over here!"

All the girls looked to me.

"So if you've decided to compete and haven't signed up yet, do it now!" I announced, they all nodded and a few walked over to where I'd propped the clipboard up.