||24||

By the time we got to the second half of the second round. My team was in the lead dramatically at 97 - 33. Even if they tried, I don't think Rayla and Mako will be able to fill that gap up.

"Switch out!" Miss Hosumi shouted.

"Yes!" the third group of both our teams shouted back before the fourth groups walked on.

It was myself, Fennril, Rio and two other girls, Ryoma and Kyo vs Mako, Rayla, and three girls I think are in our class... couldn't tell you their name, though. Let's call them girl 1, girl 2, and girl 3.

"You can start," Rio pushed me forward, "you are the captain."

I hate you. I can't play this stupid game!

Rayla met me in the middle, coach Nekomata had the ball in his hands and looked between us before throwing the ball up and blowing his whistle. Both myself and Rayla jumped up, our arms stretched up to hit the ball back to our team. My fingers brushed the ball, however, Rayla dragged the ball away from her and down to Mako who immediately began her way down across the court. 

The team quickly began marking each player, Rio intercepting Mako's dribble and knocking the ball to me. 

Why?!

I began moving down to the opposite side of the court, throwing the ball to Fennril who was at the 3 point line. As soon as she got it, she jumped up and attempted a shot for the basket. The ball began to skirt the hoop before bouncing right off and being caught by girl 1 who started running down the court, when I got close to him, he threw the ball over me to girl 3 who instantly jumped and shot. The ball went through and Kyo recovered it, running down the court and throwing the ball to me, I started moving again, I reached the two point line and jumped, shooting for the hoop, however, it bounced off the rim. Damn. 

Fennril quickly caught the ball and jumped up again, dunking the ball.

"Yeah!" she cheered, throwing her fist up in celebration before we quickly began marking the other team again.

Over the ten minutes we had to play, I found myself getting quite annoyed at how hard I had to work to keep our team in the lead because at every point we got, Rayla's team got two. So they soon caught up with us. Until the end of the game finished us still in the lead but only by a little bit.

"Ah..." I dropped to my hands and knees, trying to steady out my exhausted breathing. A towel was dropped on my head before someone crouched down in front of me and pressed a freezing cold bottle of water against my forehead.

"Whoa whoa-- that's cold," I exclaimed, falling back away from the bottle to see Kuroo smiling at me.

"You're really sweaty, I guess you swimmers aren't one for activities like these, huh?" Kuroo teased, passing me the water, I took it and quickly took a drink of it, "either way, that was a good game. It seems your team is winning."

"Well I'm not going to get stuck with a suicide run because I gave up," I replied, now recovered from my breathlessness and stood up, "you should up your game, your team is in last place at the moment."

"As if I'd let us loose," he stuck his tongue out at me, slinging his arm around my shoulder.

A feeling of being stared at began burning through my back as I walked with Kuroo over to where our teams were stood. Am I being stared at? I don't feel too comfortable about that...

Rayla's PoV

"See that?" Mako elbowed me in the side.

"Yeah," I nodded, both of us watching as Kuroo lead y/n back to her team with an arm around her neck, "there can definitely be something there."

"We just have to push it," Mako grinned, "but how..?"

"Well we have the class project. We're doing swimming, why don't we invite y/n and Kuroo to do some work with us, like going to y/n's work place after she's finished teaching because no one is allowed to swim after that but she stays back right? But then we can ditch and leave those two together," I suggested.

"That's kind of... cliché, don't you think?" Mako asked, "I like it! Though, do you think this will work though?"

"Yes," I nodded, "well... at least I hope so."

"Well then we'll just have to work hard, when shall we do it?" Mako asked.

"This Saturday," I replied, "sound good?"

"Yeah," Mako nodded, "it's not like we're going to actually go so it shouldn't interrupt my families mandatory family night."

"You still do that?" I asked as we walked to our team.

"Yeah, it sucks," she sighed, slumping forward and holding her head in her hand, "honestly, it's a pain in the ass but I can survive it because my older brother and sister always come. I don't get to see them other than for two hours on Saturday so..."

"Fair enough," I nodded.

Your PoV

"Right!" Coach Nekomata shouted over the chattering of the students, we all quietened down and turned to him, "we're going to be doing volleyball now, however, because we are half way through the afternoon classes we will just be choosing three people from each team to represent because we will be doing one more activity after this: swimming. So plan wisely."

"Swimming?!" me, Mako and Rayla all lit up at the sounds of that, we connected gazes.

"Looks like you guys are going against the captain of the swim team, you think you can beat me?" I asked a bit too cockily.

"We will beat you!" they both exclaimed before we turned to our teams and started picking out our line up.

In the end, Yaku's team took first place, we got second, Kai got third and... Rayla got last. We would've gotten first again if we weren't going against Kuroo and Yaku. Unfair.

But now... swimming! My area of expertise!

°🌊°

Rayla and Mako are planning to play cupid ahaha.

Well, anyway, there won't be anymore updates until after the new year. So I'll see you in 2021, merry christmas~