||21||

"I'm finished," I shook my head, dropping down onto the wooden floors, "my arms are tired."

"Your arms are tired?" Kuroo shot me a doubtful look, "I was the one playing the sport, you were just holding a phone up."

"For two hours!" I exclaimed, "I get tired you know! I don't train myself in holding a phone everyday."

He frowned at me before taking my phone from my hands.

"Hey! Give me my phone back," I jumped up and tried to grab my phone but he stretched his hand up out of my reach just as I was about to grab it, "how annoying--"

"I'm just looking at the photos," Kuroo stuck his tongue out at me, "they are of me afterall, hm-- who's this?"

I looked over his shoulder to see me and Rin from when we were 11 years old.

"That's my best friend," I told him, "Rin. He's also a swimmer, you saw him at the competition. Originally he is Japanese but moved to Australia in the Japanese first year of middle school and then recently he's moved back to Japan. We met each other again during the training camp in Samezuka just before the regional swimming competitions."

A frown settled on Kuroo's face as he swiped through photo after photo of myself and Rin, sometimes my siblings joining in the photos.

"Why do you have so many of these photos?" he asked me, clearly annoyed by the assortment of childhood photos I had.

"Because he's my friend," I replied, grabbing my phone from him, "I don't know why I'm explaining anything to you because I don't have to. Anyway, I'm leaving now. I'm sick of being surrounded by sweaty boys. Excuse me."

I walked over to my bag and grabbed it, slinging it over my shoulder and heading towards the door.

Suddenly a ball slammed off the handle of the door, bouncing back and just skimming my face by a fraction. I turned around and picked the ball up before giving Kuroo a murderous look.

"You damn rooster looking bitch!" I shouted before lobbing the ball back at him.

"Rooster looking bitch, huh?" a short blonde boy hummed in thought, "perfect description of him."

"Kuroo, you shouldn't antagonise her," the boy with dark roots and lighter hair who seemed to be the one who tossed the ball up to Kuroo and mohawk dude told Kuroo as he approached the boy who'd just caught the ball and looked down to the slightly reddening of his hands.

"And I see that now," Kuroo pouted, "y/n. Stay, we have more work to do."

"Nope," I refused, "I'm tired and I still live far away. We'll continue working in class tomorrow. Good afternoon."

With that, I pulled the door open and stepped out, changing my shoes as I left before walking out of school and heading home.

Kuroo is getting annoying now.

And why was he getting all pissy about Rin? It's not like he and I are a thing and even if we were he needn't feel intimidated. Me and Rin have only ever been friends, nothing more, nothing less.

"Arg! He's so frustrating!" I exclaimed, running my hands through my hair annoyed before settling down and brushing my hair down again, "he reminds me of that girl from my Australian team before my last one...but a little less intense."

Plus he isn't bullying me because I had a delayed start back then. A sense of stress relief is left in at least.

"Hey!" Kuroo's voice echoed from behind me, I turned around and stopped walking, looking at him confused, "sorry for throwing the ball at you. I guess keeping you in one place is really difficult, huh?"

"Come back, I want to teach you volleyball. You may actually end up enjoying it," he told me. 

"Maybe another day," I waved him off, "I have to get home. I have homework to finish plus you guys have a practice match coming up in a couple days against Fukorodani, I believe? Work hard. I may just come and watch you."

He blinked at me a few times, obviously questioning how I knew about the practice match before a giant grin spread across his face.

"I'll hold you to that," he told me. I smiled until I felt something weird... my heart was speeding up ever so slightly at that adorable expression. What the hell is this?

"A-anyway, I'll be going home now. Don't get distracted, if you lose your game then you can owe me some (favourite food)," I told him before turning and walking away, my heart was still beating abnormally fast. As soon as I knew I was out of his range, I grasped my shirt above my heart and let out a sharp breath as I stopped.

"Calm down, y/n, what the hell is wrong with you, huh?" I scolded myself as my heart slowed back down, "phew-- I must've just been a heart burn... a random... oddly timed heart burn but a heart burn nonetheless."

"Y/n? Why aren't you swimming?" Haru appeared from a park I walked past, I turned to him to see he was with that boy from the other day... what's his name again? Yu... Yuu... Yu what? Ah-! I hate names! Oh--! Yuugio.

If they were meeting in secret, they're not being very secret are they.

"I was doing class work," I replied, walking over to them, "what about you?"

The two boys shared a silent glance at each other in debate before Haru threw a baseball up.

"We were working on a new throw," he told me. He's not lying to me... but he's not totally telling the truth either. I'll let it go for now.

"Oh really?" I asked, "how is it going?"

"Not too great, your brother is an idiot," the Yuugio kid replied, "he sucks."

"Oi!" Haru shouted, "I do not! You complain too much! Why are you my partner, huh? I really drew the short straw when it came to catchers."

"At least I can play my role," Yuugio retorted.

The two did a back and forth for a while, me watching with a raised eyebrow.

"Alright," I broke them up, "I see you have a... weird friendship. But you guys are team mates, partners as well, you have to work together. Being little brats to one another isn't going to help growth."

"I don't need to grow, I'm tall enough," Haru stuck his tongue out, "more than I can say about you."

"What? Do you have rocks for brains you idiot?" Yuugio asked, grabbing Haru's head and shaking it, "she meant skill growth, dumbass!"

"Uh--" I started walking away, "I'll see you at home then, Haru..."

"Bye, sis," he waved, "be safe going home."

"You too, don't stay out too late," I nodded before waving and continuing my walk home.