||8||

??? PoV

"Looks like the girls are in the pool," I sighed, "we won't be able to race after all."

"I came here to swim so we're going to swim," Haruka told me despite the fact that we can't swim.

Makoto laughed and kept ahold of Haru's swimming jackets collar as we stood in the doorway.

"And go!" a familiar voice shouted, I looked over to see there were two teams there, one ours, the other I didn't recognise but the captain I did.

"Well well, if it isn't f/n l/n," I laughed as I walked around the poolside to the top where she was stood, she looked up from the water to me, a look of confusion passed across her gaze before a large smile spread across her lips.

"Rin Matsuoka, huh? I thought you were in Australia," y/n replied as she walked over, "move back?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "two years after you left actually."

"Oh," she smiled, "I'm glad you're here, I thought I'd never get to swim with you again."

"Likewise," I nodded, "speaking of, let's compete right now."

"Eh... I'm in a joint practice and I have to swim a relay against these jerkwads," she pointed her thumb over her shoulder to Luna who in return stuck her tongue out and flipped her off.

"She won't mind," I shrugged, "I'll be right back. Oh-- mind clearing a lane, my friends want to swim."

"Sure," she nodded, "Lane seven spread out to the other ones and clear the lane."

"Yes, captain," the girls in said Lane nodded before ducking under the partition and freeing it up. Almost instantly Haruka was in the water. Impressive speed. If only he used that speed in the pool then he'd totally smoke me...

Myself, Makoto, Nagisa and their team mate, Rei, all went to the changing room and changed before quickly going to the pool, Makoto, Nagisa and Rei joined Haru in Lane 7 while I walked over to y/n who was talking to another girl who looked terrified. I recognise her...

"Hey, don't worry about it," y/n smiled at her, "Don't think of the buzzer think of what follows it and how great it'll feel to beat their bullying asses!"

OK... I only heard the second half of that conversation, what is going on?

"Go and relax," y/n offered her hand to the girl in the pool, she took it and y/n pulled her out, "just listen to some calming music, relax yourself and get yourself in the zone to swim once I'm finished with Rin."

"Yes, captain," the girl nodded before grabbing a towel and walking away.

Y/n turned to me and smiled.

"I have lane 4 and 5 open for us," she threw a thumbs up at me, "Mako will time us and set the race."

"Aw yeah!" I grinned, "what are we doing?"

"Why don't you choose?" she shrugged, I grinned.

"Fine how about an individual medley," I suggested, I know she's not one for butterfly or breast stroke, "it's your weakest one, right?"

She tensed before sighing.

"Mako, we're doing a medley," y/n turned to the girl stood behind her, the girl mock saluted and grinned.

"Good luck, captain," she nodded before we both got ready on the diving platforms. We put our swimming caps on and then positioned our goggles over our eyes. I could sense y/n's annoyed mood from where I was getting ready.

It seemed the whole swimming pool paused to watch.

"Ready," I heard Mako call, I leaned forward and positioned myself ready to dive forwards and totally leave y/n behind in butterfly. Suddenly a whistle blew and both myself and y/n lunged forward.