6: Carved Smile...

*Present Time*
*Your Pov.*

"So wait, what you're telling me is that, this guy has a smile CARVED into his cheeks?" I asked as my eyes went slightly wide.

"Yes and his eye lids is burnt off, he has paper white skin, he wears a white hoodie, black slacks, and black boots. He was a butcher's knife for a weapon and he goes around town killing people." Uncle Tom explained shorter and I nodded.

"So, he yells at the victim to go to sleep while they're struggling beneath him in their bed before stabbing their guts out?" I questioned and he shook his head.

"He stabs the victims in the chest and sometimes you'll find their ripped up heart stuffed in the carved smile on their face." He restated my thought process, making me glare at him.

"Same thing. I was just saying he stabs them a whole fucking lot." Uncle Tom chuckled.

"Then in that case, yes." He nodded and took a sip of his whine.

"So," I leaned my forearms on the table as well as leaned closer to Tom. "He's basically an inhuman man, running around the town, killing random people and families and he can do all of this without a single trace other than someone seeing him and chasing him down but he always seems to get away?" I quizzed him. This topic was so fascinating, it had me wrapped all up in it. So curious about this man I was. What if he found me and Tom next? Normally you would just think oh, nothing will happen to me, but those are the people who get screwed over. Hence another reason I have trust issues.

"Yup. Fascinating isn't it? You seem to be very interested." I nodded my head as an answer as I thought about this man and what he could be doing right now. What is he was outside our house this second? What if he was already inside it? What if he is marking us his targets and we don't even realize it. I glanced around at almost all the windows of the restaurant but saw nothing until I got to the sixth window. I saw some of the bushes by the clear glass shuffle as the others stayed put. I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked a bit harder, but nothing.

"(Name)? Are you okay?" I was quickly pulled out of my suspicion when Tom's voice sounded. I looked over to him and he sent me a teasing smirk. "Is my little niece getting paranoid?" I sent a glare at my Uncle before shaking my head.

"I don't get paranoid Tom, I get feelings that soon lead us to answers." I smirked as I took a bite out of my food. Uncle Tom sighed before shaking his head.

"Well please don't have a feeling about him coming to us." He ordered and I smirked at him as I chewed.

"No promises. In fact, I think he's right outside 'that' window." I pointed to the window where I saw the bush move. Tom looked really quick as if a bit worried himself and I laughed. "Who's the paranoid one now?" I teased and he narrowed his eyes at me before pointing his right pointer finger in my direction.

"That was good." He commented and I chuckled.

"Thanks." It went silent for a moment as we ate and looked around us. It was a very nice place and it was here in the town. Last time I was in town was about two days ago and I had kicked some guy's ass for flirting with me and trying to get me to sleep with them. I think he didn't learn his lesson though because later that night, on the news, he had been found dead in a alley way, stabbed to death.

I smirked to myself as I thought of it, but soon that facial feature disappeared as I thought about how they described his body. One hundred stabs in the chest, his heart was ripped to shreds and shoved down his throat... And a smile carved... Deep into his cheeks. They had found those three, creepy words drawn in that jerk's own blood on the solid concrete. 'GO TO SLEEP!' It hadn't been in the correct writing as it probably should have been but it was in ALL capitals this time.

What did that guy do this killer that could have lead that jerk to this kind of death?

How did he run into this killer?

What if I had been there with the man at that time? I could be dead.

"Oh, I have to tell you the news that I got!" My thoughts were ripped away when my Uncle Tom spoke, making me smile. Though the thought of being so close of contact with that killer made me a bit uneasy.

"That's right!" I smiled brightly. "Now come on! Why did you have to wait to tell me?" I asked and of course I got the usual which was a logical answer.

"Well, because it is a choice you have to make and I figure if you get  good dinner, a happy mood the it would be easier." I smiled and nodded fro him to continue. "So, at work I have been working really hard and I've shown my best... They're promoting me!" My eyes widened as I stared at Tom in shock. He was a very rich man, a hard worker in deed. I didn't think his life could get any better unless, he got a wife of course. But this, it was amazing!

"Wow, Tom! I'm so happy for you!" I squealed as I stood up and walked over to him, giving him a big hug which he gladly returned.

"Yup! Though there is one problem." I looked at him a bit worried before nodding and sitting down in my seat once again. "Well, in order for me to work, I have to move to Europe. This meaning, you have to live on your own three months before your birthday." I gasped a bit as I went into thought. I have to spend my birthday without Tom? I wanted so badly for these three months to slow down and be amazing so I could live with him for the amount of time I had left.

"So... You're not going to be here for my birthday." I whispered as tears welled up in my eyes. Tears... I haven't cried in do long... The last time I cried was... Well, I don't even remember.

"Yes... But maybe not." I gave him a curious look as I blinked the tears away. "You can move with me for about four months, gives us an extra month since we'll be so far apart, or... You can live by yourself for the last three months of being 17 years old. Immediately I jumped for the opportunity.

"I want to move with you." I said as I began to calm down from the sadness.

"Great!" Uncle Tom said before waving a waitress over to get the bill. "Remember, if you change your mind, that's alright." He said and I nodded but I knew nothing could get me to change my mind. Nothing.

*An hour later*
*You'r Pov.*

We finally arrived home after Tom suggested we went to go get ice cream and it took so long because I took a while to think of if I should have any or not because I care for my... Okay fine, caught me red handed. We took so long because I had like 16 scoops of (Fav Ice Cream)! It was so yummy!

We walked inside and I took in the feeling of being home. A smile graced on my lips as my eyes became droopy. You know when you get that home feeling and all of a sudden you become tired and would just adore to sleep in your cozy bed? That's what I'm feeling now.

"Well, Im gonna hit the hay. I'm so tired!" I whined and began to head to my room as Uncle Tom chuckled at me from behind.

"Good night (Name), remember to wake up early. You have to get to packing what you really need because we head out tomorrow at noon. Flight takes off at 2 p.m and don't worry about the furniture. It'll be delivered by the movers." I nodded but groaned about how early that meant we had to wake up. Gotta set the alarm for 6:00 instead of 7:00. Damn this cruel world!

I lazily walked into my room and to my closet where I pulled out some cozy pajamas and placed them on my bed before heading to the bathroom. I pulled my hair up into a pony tail and took off my jewelry before washing the wake up and everything off my face. One I was done with the bathroom, I exited in nothing but my (F/C) Lace bra and underwear.

I put my dress in my laundry hamper beside my bathroom door and walked over to my bed. I felt a brush of coldness, making me shiver. Furrowing my eyes, I looked up at my window to find it open. I never opened it today, did I? I walked over and looked out it, still half naked but wasn't excepting to see anyone and that is exactly what I saw. Nothing. With an annoyed sigh, I shut my window and walked back over to my bed.

I pulled on my shirt, then my pants, and then pulled out the pony tail in my hair. I walked into the bathroom once more and brushed out my hair, dragging my hand over it to feel it's silky smooth, making me smile. I put on some lip-bomb before smiling at myself in the mirror once more.

"Hey there, Sexy!" I flirted with myself in the mirror with a wink. "Why, I'd take you out anytime." I giggled to yourself before turning out the lights and walking over to your bed. I climbed in and got really cozy. With a sigh, I closed my eyes and began to fall into a deep sleep.

Well, that was until something pounced me. With a pounding heart, I screamed into a hand, muffling my vocal cords. I struggled beneath the weight of the person, trying to break free. After a few minutes of struggling, I opened my (E/C) eyes and stared in awe at the person above me. Long black hair curtained my face, paper white skin that had a leather feeling to them as this person held my wrists tightly above my head. White eyes with black pupils that never seem to blink, a lustful yet crazed look in them. But what had immediately triggered my memory of today on the news...

Was the carved smile...

Hey guys! Please take the reviews! It helps me with what you guys' are into for when I make my future stories! Thank you!

WARNING: Updates are not given a certain time, I will try to update when I can but I have a lot to do in life. I also want the book to be written the best I can.

Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask. :)

Also comment what you liked about the chapter!

*******Comment, Follow, Favorite!*******

  ***Yes, I follow back! :)***

 *Thanks guys! Love you!*

-The Regretful...