46: Mind Games

*Narrator's POV*

Closing the door behind them, they entered a very small bedroom that had a small box television with a thin crack across the screen. There was a queen size bed with a tattered quilt and matching pillows, two wooden side tables with beaten up lamps; one of which was missing a cover), and another door on the opposite side of the room. Grabbing the handle, (Name) opened it slowly as to not run into anything that could be behind it. When it was all the way open she found a tiny bathroom with a stained sink, toilet, cracked cabinet and shower.

Widening her eyes, she move to twist the knob of the sink, causing the water to start running. Swinging open the cabinet, she found a few towels and some other toiletries inside. This motel was by far one of the most disgusting places she's ever been and that cabin they just ran from was pretty gross, but this had proper running water and a chance to get off all of the dried blood and dirt that accumulated over the last few days. But she needed to do something else first.

Grabbing a towel, she turned on the fosit for cold water before dampening the cloth. After wringing it out, she walked out of the bathroom to find Jeff kneeling in front of the television, playing with the antennas and dial.

"Hey, sit on the bed." The first thought that came to Jeff's mind wasn't the most decent so his reaction to (Name)'s words was one of much shock. Looking up at her in surprise, he noticed the towel in her hand.

"What's that?" He nodded towards the damp cloth.

"It's for you so sit on the bed." Hesitantly, he let go of the antennas and did as she said. Taking a seat on the bed, she sat down next to him, pulling her legs up and crossing them under her. "Face me." She gestured for him to turn and he readjusted himself on the bed to mirror her, with one leg crossed while the other hung off the bed. Raising the cloth up slowly, she gave him a single warning. "This might sting a little."

Quickening her pace in the moment of his confusion, she brought the towel up to his neck, pressing it firmly but as gently as possible to the scratch marks he'd left. Flinching from the stinging sensation, he grabbed her wrist out of shock. Although, the moment she winced from how hard he grabbed her, he quickly loosened his grip. Slowly, he let her go and held his hands tightly in his lap while he grimaced. Where some parts of his skin bled, it was only slightly. The rest was just raw and swelling. There were red marks that crossed each other again and again all along his neck and just the sight of it made (Name) cringe.

"It looks painful..." She whispered as she pressed against the raw skin. When Jeff didn't respond, she warily glanced up at him to see his eyes looking up at the ceiling. With furrowed brows, he bit hard on his lips. Seeing something move in her lower vision, she saw him squeeze his hands tighter. It must have really hurt.

Without much thought, (Name) took one of her hands and used it to break apart Jeff's. When there was enough space, she placed hers in his, holding onto his hand firmly. Surprised, Jeff momentarily forgot about the pain and looked at where their hands connected. However, he instantly regretted it when his jaw made her hand push harder against his throat.