27: Hidden Closet

~11:00am~

       Currently, I sit at the dining room table, focusing on reading an old book that has wrinkles in each paper I turn to. When I saw the cover for the first time it was covered in cobwebs and dust would fall with each page I turned. Something about made me feel quite uncomfortable. I was never the type to like bugs or anything sticky like cobwebs, but the dust from the book is what made me feel uneasy.

How long had that room been hidden?

How long has it been since anyone has lived here?

Who were the people that lived here before Jeff?

Did Jeff take care of the people who lived here before just for the purpose of hiding?

Steps padded along quietly down the dark, wood hall. The sound of a knife dragging against the old planks as a smile so sinister played on the soul less man's face.

Did their bodies rot here in this very house?

A dark chuckle left his scarred lips as a massive grin spread on his cheeks, making the cuts open and ooze the crimson substance he sadistically adored, madly craved.

Where was the evidence placed?

The blood dripping down from the corners of his lips into his mouth and down his chin, ending up on his hoodie or the wooden floor beneath him.

What if what I imagined the first day coming here was close to the truth?

Looking behind me, I see I'm at the edge of the cliff, looking down at the complete darkness.

What if I had that dream? Wasn't there some kind of dream like that?

"Hello?"

What if...

'BAM!'

"A gunshot...?"

The loud gunshot as it sets off, alarming the whole forest, making a flock of crows fly quickly away.

'THUMP! -BAM!'

       The sudden tumbling of something on the other side of the wall stole me from my thoughts, a gasp making it's way out of my mouth while I stood from my seat. My book had fallen to the floor while my chair screeched against the wooden boards. My eyes locked with the wall as everything went silent. The only sound that could be heard within miles was the painful pounding of my heart.

       As I strive to calm my shaking breaths, I can feel a slight pang of pressure on the right side of my head, as if a headache was coming on. Placing a hand to my head, I groan.

"But I was just fine a moment ago..." I guess the sudden impact of shock was too much for me. "Have I always been this jumpy?" The sudden question irritated me though. "No, I have all the right in the world to be cautious. Who wouldn't be in my position?" After mumbling to myself, I move myself to the fresh tub of water we had in the kitchen area. As I took a glass to fill, I recalled the conversation I had with Jeff a couple days before hand after having an accident.