37: Girl Talk

*Present Time*

*You're POV.*

"When I woke up, Sully had me stitched up and then we proceeded to wake Liu. At first, Liu didn't believe a thing Sully said, I guess that's part of the reason why I was there. Liu believed me once I told him what I just told you." The woman in front of me, presumably Jane Arkensaw, had just told me the history of her and Jeff. Whether or not she was telling me the truth was still up for debate.

Especially considering the ending sounded like complete bullshit.

"So..." I began with caution, completely convinced she was mentally unstable, psychotic even. "You're telling me that a child, with no previous crime or murder record, was capable of killing and dismembering four adults while his older brother's imaginary friend decided to take over his body and save a dead girl?"

"There's a few technicalities but yes." Well I sure as hell would like to hear them because now I'm freaking out that you're standing this close to me! She stood there, calm and confident, her gaze piercing right into me, making me feel like I was being tested and just like back in grade school, I'm pretty damn sure I was failing.

She sounded crazy! Every part of me wanted to run from this situation, from her. Hell, I think I'd rather be around Jeff at this point. I mean, he was also mad but at least he seemed more level headed. Sure, he had his moments but the fact that she believed every word coming from her mouth made me think one of two things were happening.

One, she was completely delusional and needed help and two, if what she said was true, there's a lot of shit I didn't know about and didn't need to know about this world. Either way, she's dangerous and I have a feeling I was in a situation where I was severely screwed.

"If we're being completely honest, I don't know what Sully is or if I ever even died. In fact, I couldn't care less about those topics." She took a step closer to me, cornering me against the wall. "Instead, it's been a long time since I've had some girl talk. Shall we?"

She beamed, taking a step aside and gesturing to the couch. I was doubtful at first, aware that the sweet tone she'd been using was one hundred percent fake, but I was worried that if I didn't comply, I'd be the dead girl. Carefully, I kept my eyes on her, as I made my way over to the couch, slowly taking a seat. Jane sat elegantly beside me, crossing her legs and resting her hands on her knees, keeping her smile.

"So, tell me (Y/N), do you have any exes? What were they like?" I already didn't like girl talk. Her false excitement bled through that mask she wore while she asked me about a topic I didn't want to get into.

"One, he was a mistake." I tried to give as little information as possible, wishing she would take the hint and leave the subject alone. Of course, that didn't happen. Either she didn't know how girl talk worked or she was just twisted. My vote was the ladder.

"Oh, I know that feeling." Her laugh seemed more bitter than anything. "What did he do?"

"Just didn't treat me right." I didn't want to do this, to talk about the bastard who tried to have his way with me after hurting me time and time again. I just wanted to forget that part of my life already. So why was this chick, who I just met, digging it back up? Was this how girlfriends communicated or something? Bonding over guys who had hurt them?