10: Riding On Cloud Nine...

*Present time*
*Your Pov.*

Laughter filled the house as me and Tom danced around to country and acted almost drunk. Of course were not actually drunk, just acting silly. Me and Tom jumped onto the floor to the couches to the coffee table.

Spinning, laughing, dizziness, fun, and joy filled the now cheerful living room one last time before it is filled with only two things; depression and emptiness. In 20 minutes, Tom will be leaving for the road and Europe. In 20 minutes, this house will rightfully be mine. In 20 minutes... I'll be all alone.

I danced on top of the coffee table as Tom pretended to have a guitar and drums on the floor. I laughed at the weird faces he made and followed the beat to the music. Of course at times I had to stop myself from getting too into the music because my uncle is still here.

When I get too into the music, I let my hips do the work, allowing my body to sway and move in a sexy manner. Of course it's not on purpose, it's just showing that the music is taking me away.

I jumped onto the couch and began to act as if it were to be a trampoline. I laughed and giggled as I went higher and my head got more light headed.

I have always loved that feeling. To feel like your swaying on cloud nine and all the worries of the world just melt away as if they were nothing. It felt so amazing. I especially loved it after my parents died.

No, I didn't take it so hard when they passed but I did always have this nagging voice in the back of my head, screaming that something wasn't right, though I alway pushed it away and took it for granted. Soon after the nagging stopped and I was able to smile once more instead of cringe.

Granite I still get curious when my parents come to mind, though I've always pushed it away. They always hid things from me...

Forgetting to tell me that I had an older brother who died two months before I was born. Not saying anything when grandma and grandpa passed away from when they went camping with my aunt and died from a bear attack. As well as failing to say that I had a chance to go to a real school where people understand my issues and can handle me. They have hid much more than that, though I just stopped listening to them when I turned 7.

I had figured all of the secrets on my own from letters, to email, to phone calls. Granite I could hardly read at all but I could still understand what the word 'kill' and 'school' meant.

Uncle Tom grabbed my hand and spun me around, making me giggle as I got dizzier and dizzier by the second. I felt all the depression that had been eating me out all morning slowly fading as I road cloud nine, grinning bigger than ever.

Soon we stopped and took a seat on the couch. I wanted so badly to look at the time and see how much time we had left but I was too scared too. We went silent for a few moments before Tom spoke;

"Are you sure you don't want to come? I mean, I'm proud of you and glad you want to get on with life but..." He sighed. I could tell my decision had upset him. It upset me too. But what else was I supposed to do?

This killer is capable of grabbing and ripping his victims faces to huge smiles and their hearts to shreds and yet no trace of him is left behind! Who knows what could happen if I ditch out on our deal and go with Tom. I mean, the psychotic man could be watching me right now, this very moment.

I would have declined the deal but then he just might of killed my uncle on the spot. In fact, I was about to fight him until he had mentioned my uncle's name, warning me not to try anything or he'd kill him. That was something I would never want.

"I don't know." I do know. "My heart is just telling me to stay here." The part that wants you safe. "I think something is trying to warn me to stay here or I might miss out on something big." Yeah, the killer who basically threatened your life but your safe if I go with the game. I technically didn't lie.

"I see." Tom sighed again before looking at the clock, making me look too. Though when I did, I wish I could take it back...

Two minutes left...

Tears pricked my eyes as my uncle stood up. He had to go. I might never get to see him again. I could die... And there's no saying goodbye. I shakily stood up, wanting nothing more than to hold Tom tight and tell him to stay safe. I wanted to scream at that for damed killer for taking away my only happiness.

Maybe it won't be that hard to make me break down.

I followed Tom to the dining room where his suit cases and bags for the road were. Tears, one by one slipped down my cheeks as I watched him pick u his things and turn to me. He began to walk to the door and I followed. Once he reached the front door, he set his things down and turned to me. Once he did I saw the redness of his eyes as tears slipped down his face.

"I'm really gonna miss you, Troublemaker." His voice cracked. My bottom lip trembled as I let out a small whimper and wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him into a huge hug. His arms wrapped around my waist wightly, making me sob.

"I'm going to miss you too!" I cried as I barried my teary face in the crook of his neck. Several minutes we stood there and all I could think about is how much I am going to miss my weirdo of an uncle and waking up to his annoying pleads and childish behavior of trying to get me up.

After what seemed like forever but was only a few moments, we parted and wiped our eyes. I sniffled a bit as well as he and we both smiled. Although, mine wasn't real, it was just to reassure him.

"Well, I gotta go, Angel." Tom said as he opened the door and picked up his things. I walked him out to the porch and watched as he walked to his car. He placed his things in the back seat before closing the door and walking over to the driver's door. He opened it and the car lights went on. He turned to me and smiled and I gave him a sad smile in return. He waved slightly before climbing inside his car and startingit up. It didn't take long for him to get everything ready before he closed his door and rolled sown the window.

"Please stay safe, I love you, you rebel!" I giggled as tears slipped down my face and I tried to hold back what seemed like a death threatening sob.

"I-I Love you too!" It was so hard to stay strong, for this might be the last time I get to see the one person who never lied to me... Who always told me everything and made me laugh and smile... Who excepted me and loved me for who I am.

Tom pulled out of the drive way and once he was on the road, he stopped, turned to me, gave a sad wave, and rolled up his window before doing the one thing I never wanted to think about, the one thing I always prayed would never happen or at least would take forever to happen... The one thing... That seemed so far away... But ended up so close...

He left my life...

And I don't think he'll ever come back.

I don't want him to come back...

As long as that deranged killer is on the loose and not handled, I have to keep my distance. No calls, no messages, no letters. Because if I mess up with this killer and he decides to get me back...

He knows my one weakness...

The one person who keeps me sane...

The one who makes life worth living...

Tom.

Hey guys! Please take the reviews! It helps me with what you guys' are into for when I make my future stories! Thank you!

WARNING: Updates are not given a certain time, I will try to update when I can but I have a lot to do in life. I also want the book to be written the best I can.

Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask. :)

Also comment what you liked about the chapter!

*******Comment, Follow, Favorite!*******

  ***Yes, I follow back! :)***

 *Thanks guys! Love you!*

-The Regretful...