47: The Blame Game

*Narrator's POV*

"...Anna..?" You stared in disbelief at the woman in front of you.

The same woman who had watched over you as a child when your parents would leave for their work. The same woman who had let you give attitude, do things you weren't supposed to, encouraged you to be no one other than yourself. The same woman who answered the call that told her your parents were dead. In fact, looking at her, how could you mistake her as anyone else? The only reason you were having such a hard time believing it was her was because she didn't look like she aged a single day. She looked exactly the same as when you last saw her. She looked like a teenager.

"Guess I can't call you little anymore. We're practically the same age now." Anna chuckled as she measured your heights with her hand. You were now at eye level and she still sported her usual attire. Skinny jeans, boots, and an old band t-shirt. Her hair was still as spastic as ever and she didn't have any signs of aging. She didn't change.

"How are you..." You had no words to describe just how confused you were. You knew that this was physically impossible since she was at least eleven years older than you yet somehow, you'd believe anyone would say she looked younger. Especially with the bags under your eyes from how restless you'd been the last month.

"You look like you've seen a ghost!" Snickering to herself, she finally pushed passed you and into your hotel room. Without much resistance, due to the fact that there was not much of a warning, all you could do was follow her with your eyes. "No need to doubt yourself, I'm very much alive!"

And that was the problem.

Confusion was indeed your best friend but there was one more thing that you couldn't just cast aside either. Where this was most definitely your babysitter from before, she didn't have the same air around her that you remembered. There was something different, something that felt familiar. You couldn't put your finger on it but this whole situation seemed like Deja vu'. Turning so that your arms were behind you, you carefully wrapped the entire shard of glass in the wash cloth and stuck it in your waist band before pulling your shirt over it.

"What? Do I look so good that you can't help yourself?" Anna smirked, placing her hands on her hips. "Sorry little rebel, but I don't swing that way. Though I'm sure you don't either." She offered a wink before glancing towards the giant bed in the room. "Though he doesn't look too cute. No offense."

"None taken..." You were hesitant, unsure of how to respond to her jokes. It was great that she seemed so at home but you were still trying to process what it was that you were looking at exactly. "Though if you could give me your skin care routine, bet I could change your mind about him."