IMPORTANT; Author's Note (Please Read)

PLEASE READ

Hello all of you beautiful people! How have you been? I hope well!

I apologize for not having updated yet, some curve balls have been thrown my way so updates will be a little slow. No, not posting once or twice a year slow. That will not happen again. It's just going to take a few extra days apart from my current 3-5 days that I try to get a new chapter out to you. I'm already working on the next chapter as we speak.

Now for what I wanted to say:

There are accounts being made that go to stories and comment a link that will lead you to a site that shows you, I'm assuming, explicit photos and possibly videos of nude people. I have not clicked on the link for more information to avoid any viruses or possibly anyone getting my personal information through my device. Such as passwords, location, social media, history or card numbers. There are links that are made specifically to hack others. Again, I don't know if this is that but either way it's inappropriate/dangerous. We don't know the contents that are on the site. It could be violent content, strangers could end up talking to you, you might end up getting threatened by someone and it's really just something that isn't needed on a story completely unrelated to said link.

I ALSO WANT TO PUT OUT THERE: If someone ever threatens you online to get you to do something you don't want to do, such as sending photos of any kind or personal information, ignore what they say. If they have something on you, let them do whatever with it. You are safer copying those messages back and forth, going to an adult and/or the authorities than you are obliging with their wants. You can get passed rumors and hardships but as long as they have that material, knowing you will do anything to keep it quiet, their demands will get more and more obscene and dangerous. It might even get you killed. It is not worth it.

I've also been victim to threats by a complete stranger online when I was thirteen. It's a terrifying experience, especially for a child with very little experience.

I've had a few of these comments come to my story recently. I've reported what I got notifications on. It seems like they've been removed. I even skimmed through some of the chapters' comments to make sure there weren't others that I missed. The main problem with this is that this site isn't a straight up adult's platform. When I look at my stats, this story is read by people of all ages. Meaning a good chunk of those ages are under eighteen. I don't want kids who might not be aware of how dangerous clicking a random link is, clicking it. I also don't want anyone scrolling through the comments on their phone to accidentally tap on the link and become victim to whatever it takes you to. Whether it's just a site full of sexual content or one of the other fears I've listed.

I've known people who started on these kinds of sites at the age of eight. I have also joined games/sites that said 16+ at the age of seven. I'm sure there are some of you who have done the same so you can see my concerns with this.I know that this story is rated mature and that is for a reason. I feel that this story is appropriate for ages 16 and up with the content it has/is going to have but I can't stop them from reading. I also can't stop them from looking that kind of content up themselves. So this is more of a safety hazard in regards to what can someone else do to/with your device by you clicking the link. It is strange to come to make an account on a story site, only to comment a link on author's books for people to click.

So I am going to ask that if you do see a link in the comments that I seemed to have missed, please report it. Do not click on it, just report it. I don't know how young my viewers get if we are being honest and I don't want them clicking it on accident or out of curiosity.

Thank you~ ♡

Again, I apologize for not having uploaded yet. I'm currently working on chapter 41. Damn, we've made it to forty! ♡

I'm so excited that you guys seem to be enjoying it so much! I didn't expect this much love for this story and it's honestly so encouraging and quite a bit overwhelming if I'm being honest. 🥰

Thank you so much for taking your time to read! I love replying to your comments! It was so difficult to not reply to anyone who was panicking over the gun chapter. I felt like anything I replied with would have ruined it. I especially loved the one where someone actually rooted for Jane! I was dying! 😂

I even thought about writing a joke chapter where Jeff got shot because of that one comment, just to see how everyone would react but I decided not to torment you all. (Apart from the one person who supported Jane) That seriously killed me! 😂

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day! Smile those beautiful smiles and I will see you guys in chapter 41! 🥰

~ The Regretful