41: Losing the Found

*Your POV*

"They're... My family." This left me bewildered. His parents and Jane were apparently dead and Liu shared a body with his imaginary friend. But they were all alive?

"Your parents are-" He cut me off.

"No, no , they're dead..." He mumbled. It was around this time that I realized that he was doing his best to avoid my eyes. Though I couldn't blame him for doing so.

We just had some kind of moment and for some reason it ended strangely. Maybe he recalled me pushing him away and it sparked some kind of flee motion in him? If so, I didn't know whether to feel relieved or disappointed. I was sure I had no romantic feelings for the killer but I wasn't repulsed by his intentions just now. I was just confused.

"Then by family..." Jeff glanced back and forth at the table in front of him, as if trying to figure out how to answer my question. He seemed to be having a difficult time and part of me almost felt bad for asking but I couldn't just be left in the dark.

"There are people who are... like me." He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

People like him? Did he mean serial killers?

"After the incident, I woke up somewhere in the woods with two strangers standing above me. I didn't know where I was but it wasn't anywhere near my house. My guess is I ran until I passed out." This caught my attention.

"You don't remember how you got there?" I questioned him and he shook his head.

"I don't remember anything from that night." So Jeff wasn't all there when he did it. I didn't know if that made me feel comforted or concerned but more than that, I felt bad for him. He wasn't all there when he killed them so when he found out, it must have been torture, right? But then, how did he turn to killing?

"None of this makes sense..." I saw him stiffen at my words, making me regret saying them. Of course this made no sense to me but he was in the worse position. He's the one with no memory. "Who were they? The people who stood above you."

Jeff really didn't know how to go about this as he messed with his hands, tapped his foot, and glanced around. He wasn't panicked per se, just unsure how to explain all of this to me. It almost seemed like he was worried about his choice of words. Like he was trying to find the least repulsive ways to talk to me about this. If I were to put myself in his shoes, I'd say he was worried about scaring me. It makes complete sense.

He practically admitted to me that he lost his mind and killed everyone he loved without getting into details. He was being vague on purpose. He was worried and I couldn't blame him. Whatever he says now will do one of two things. It will make us grow closer or make me want to get further.

"What I'm about to tell you... It's not going to be fuckin' pretty. No matter how I word it." He rubbed his forehead with his hand. I could tell he was becoming more frustrated as he tried to speak. Then he put his hand down and sat up in his chair. Resting his elbows on his knees, he finally looked at me with an expression that seemed like he made up his mind even though it was obviously haunting him and with a grim tone, he continued.