Chapter 18

'Love is a commitment to protecting another person's heart with the same passion you use to guard your own'
~Rob Hill Sr

'He was protecting her from every fake faces and she thought he doubted her.'
~Azan Mehar

_____________________

With a new season, the sky and plants morphed into a delicate wonder following on the nature's course.

Plants shed leaves and the atmosphere started to ignite into a cold ice cream as winter approached Aiyana's home with all its wonders.

With the passing of dawn and dusks, Aiyana just started to become closer and closer with her mates Azazel and Azron.

Even if both were compatible and didn't fall into the category of 'Comparing', she still liked to define each's personality in her own way.

Azazel, whom she deemed as very affectionate towards her, was somewhat different than Azron, as according to her, Azron was the most adorable beast on earth to ever live, and she liked both of them in her own way.

Now, another member had joined the fun of the trio too.

A cute member whom Aiyana called Nox.

Aiyana was fairly surprised when she came to know her nickname for the little creature meant 'Night' in Azazel's native tongue.

Azazel also told her about the sad past of how Nox was abandoned at birth and later was found by Azron who took him in to take care of. He even told her about Nox being a shapeshifter hound, a member of a now extincted race and the puppy form he was currently in was not actually his real form.

Azazel had given him the shape of a puppy with his powers (as Nox wasn't grown enough to initiate shapeshift on his own) so that the mortals does not harm it. (Rather mortals to not die in shock after seeing him.)

And from then onwards, Aiyana has started to take extra special care of Nox. Sometimes she even behaved like a Mama wolf to it.

Although some members of the pack were surprised to see a little puppy around Aiyana, they did not question it much as they assumed that Aiyana had just found the unique furred dog in the wilderness, like all her other previous pets, as the garden she spent her whole time in was partially connected to the forests.

Another event that had recently started occurring in the pack was the mysterious dissappearance of some youngsters in the pack. This information wasn't known to Aiyana that much. So she remained unfazed.

And the pack too, did not make much of the deal, as the youngsters who dissappeared were mostly troublemakers. On the contrary, some pupil even sighed in relief and offered their congrats to the heavens as the notorious shameless group were absent temporarily.

Still, patrol members were ordered to search around for them due to the concern of their family members.

So, in a word, everything was supposedly going well (?).

Aiyana, Azazel and Azron were bonding with each other like no other. Her days were spent with Azazel, while her nights were spent with Azron. And of course, this schedule was a consequence of the constant clashing between the two personalities, who, each, wanted to spend time with their mate more than the other.

Some nights, Azron even played and cuddled with Aiyana in his beast form in their garden. As her room would have teared apart if he had transformed in it.

Currently, a little Nox was dashing on its paws to reach the garden. It was midnight, as he arrived in the garden and with a sound of snap, he transformed into a human male with silver hair and complete black eyes. He remained kneeling in front of Azazel and reported him of any negative activity happening around their Queen.

Another reason for gifting Nox to Aiyana was her safety. Azazel had many enemies and he wanted to keep her safe from their prying eyes.

On the contrary to Azazel's thoughts, there was, in reality, currently no mortal on earth who had want to disturb, rather much think to hurt him.

✌🏻(Mortals and Immortals inserting peace sign)

Now, it had become a regular activity for Nox to report to Azazel everyday.

For an instance, some boys had eve teased his Queen the other day she went to the market to sell her fruits and vegetables. So his master had taken care of him.

Other than reporting, another task of Nox was to scare away the petty mortals (Aiyana's bullies) by barking at them if they dared to near come his Queen Mother with bad intentions.

But the thing Nox did almost every hour of the day was to bath in his mistress's affections.

Nox was a powerful hound who lacked conscience. Although he was big and scary, he was still a baby in terms of intelligence.

Because of his ugliness and non-houndly features, his parents threw him out of their lair without any care when he was just born.

After that he was founded by Azron, who was kind enough to take him in and provide for him. So he started regarding him as a Master. But his new master's front personality wasn't that fond of him.

Azazel's ignorance made Nox even desperate to cling and follow him everywhere. But he still never paid him any attention like a true master.

He was accustomed to move freely in Azazel's palace in as any form his master liked him to change into. Be it frog, rat, caterpillar, or even a camel. He did not mind it that much as he mostly stayed in his original hound form, away from the scaredy castle individuals and rarely did his master play with him.

He just ate and slept all day.

So when his master transformed him into a puppy and ordered him to stay in that form for a long time, his childlike mind could just resolve to whine and whimper in complaint in front of his broody dangerous master.

But when he met her, his queen mother, who glanced and touched him like a baby, which in his heart he actually was, he just wanted to stay in her embrace forever.

Finally, he had found her true master.

His queen mother and guardian, Aiyana.

She took care of him with love. The affections she showered on him were the one he dreamed during his time in hell.

She fed him, bathed him, clothed him, petted him and even cuddled him to sleep which was like a dream come true for him.

He, who always longed for a mother's warmth, finally felt the warmth of familial love in his heart. His conscience has also started to develop, indicating his growth to youth, a miracle bound to happen, while staying near her.

While Azazel and Aiyana were cuddling and having fun on their bed, Nox remained fast asleep on his basket, which Aiyana had personally made for him.

When Aiyana noticed the sudden increase of cold in the air, she came beside Nox and covered him with another soft layer of blanket.
She kissed him a goodnight and then returned to cuddle in her mates warm embrace in the chilly night.

____________________________

Vote, Comment and Share.

Did you like the chapter?

What about our cute furry little Nox?

Please share your thoughts.