Chapter 26

'One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go. Whether it's guilt, anger, love, loss or betrayal. Change is never easy. We fight to hold on and we fight to let go.'
~Unknown

'Pause and remember - When you fight reality, you will lose every time. Once you accept the situation for what it truly is, not what you want it to be, you are then free to move forward.'
~Jennifer Young

'Let go my dear,
empty hands
are better than
bleeding ones.'
~David Xam.

[One of my fav quote]

____________________

In the chamber of the king and queen, they both laid with a blanket beside the balcony, gazing at the faraway evening sky.

The dusk had just gone by and the once cloudy sunset yellow sky was turning to a dark indigo shade

On her mates lap, Aiyana laid slumped while silently staring at the night sky lost in her own thoughts.

Although she'd shed tears, the outcome of her outburst made her feel really good. Her heart felt light, as if a heavy rock suppressing it was just removed. It felt nice.

While thinking, she realized that she had always blindfolded her conscience just to seek temporary relief. She was so scared to face the truth that could destroy all her belief, that she had pretended not to see it in the first place.

And she realized, it wasn't her fault at all. She was just a child. How was she supposed to distinguish a right and wrong decision without proper experience??

Yeah. If she had made a mistake, it would be binding herself in the shackles of falsehood even when her heart knew the truth.

That day, when she was a kid, her brother had seen his friends bullying her behind a wall. But he behaved so normally then, that little Aiyana thought he hadn't seen his friends action towards her in the first place.

So she kept neglecting the truth.
The truth that he saw what had happened but just didn't care about her enough to destroy the relationships he built with his friends.

For years she kept herself locked in the shackles of falsehood. But not any longer.

Acceptance. It was a value she lacked. But not anymore.

Now she felt confident enough to face any problem the life would throw at her. In a way, she felt powerful too.

Coming back from her thoughts, she glanced at her mates sitting beside her.

Her mates.

Azazel

Azron.

They were a blessing in her life of unreal mirrors.