Chapter 36*Ceremony*

Marinette entered with a gold mask on. She can hear the chattering about her and she could also hear the class and their questions about their friends. She can feel Alya and Chloe walking behind her and once she kneeled in front of the priest she could see a glimpse of their dresses.

"Princess Ladybug. Do you promise to protect this country and who lives in it??" The ceremony starts and every eye is on her but she won't be affected. She is going to face it head on.

"I do." She responded confidently.

"Do you promise to fight for it even if it is behind the lines??" The priest asked.

"I do promise to fight in the first line." She promised.

"Do you promise to serve it with loyalty until the day of your death??" She was asked.

"I do." She responded.

"Do you promise to trust your people and never leave them behind the shadows starting with taking off your mask??" Here comes the moment she didn't want to come but she won't hesitate or stutter.

"I do." She made sure her voice didn't have anything but mere confidence.

"I now announce you Queen Ladybug of China and Ephedia." He said removing the crown and putting on another one that represents the queen she now is.

It was silver with saphirre gems decorating it. It really fit her.

Marinette looked at the crowd

Marinette looked at the crowd. She can feel Alya behind her solving the tie and Chloe making sure her hair stays as it is. Once the mask came off gasps were heard all over the place.

"Welcome Queen Marinette Dupain-Cheng of China and Ephedia." The priest announced as all the hall now bowed before her.

"To the queen of China and Ephedia." Echoes of that sentence covered the hall as everyone repeated that phrase.

Marinette walked to her chair to be greeted by Nino who bowed to her. She nodded to him and sat on the chair. Nino was standing on her right while Alya and Chloe stood on her left.

"Do want anything your majesty??" Alya whispered.

"No thank you." Marinette whispered back. As much as she hated that her best friend called her that they were out in the public and wasn't going to risk their lives by acting close.

"Your majesty. It's time to change." Chloe whispered.

"Yes, of course." Marinette stood up and all the eyes looked at her.

"Let the party begin." Marinette announced as the music started.

Marinette walked with Chloe in front of her and Alya behind her.