Chapter 4

"A guy and a girl
Can be just friends.
But at one point or another
They will fall for each other....
Perhaps temporarily
Maybe at the wrong time
Maybe too late
Or maybe forever."

"Likewise... but you could lie for me once no? I want to celebrate the biggest win of this year with you" he rasped tying his hands around my waist. "Please?"

"Only this once" I huff slapping his face playfully before reaching for my phone. "You'd do it anytime I ask you Shehnaaz. Stop lying to yourself" he smirked walking the both of us down to the car while I dialled home.

"Haan momm... theek hu bas sab party kr rahe hai toh mujhe bhi rehna hai. Aur Sidharth hai na idhar? We'll be fine" I sigh ending the call as my mother reluctantly agreed. She'd never been a fan of overnight parties. Never since my older brother had ruined them for her. He'd trashed the entire house and let out the now quite obvious secret that there were usually both boys and girls invited. I'd thanked god when he'd left for university although now... I wished he was still back home. I didn't like being an only child as much as I thought I would. Not with my dad's constant bickering about a worthy career. "No more phones for the night." Sidharth announced breaking my trance as he stole it from my hand. "Wait... let me at least post a picture? Its our tradition" I say pulling it back. I hurriedly select two pictures, one with the 3 of us and one with just me and him, posting them of instagram with a simple red heart and a crown. I didn't need much of a caption with the two of them, the pictures said more than enough.

"Hogya na ab? De idhar" Sidharth sighed taking it away and throwing it into the dash. I let out a soft laugh driving off to McDonalds as asked. It seemed like neither if us had much of a liking for the food we'd skipped inside. "Drive through or inside?" I question lowering the blaring songs as I drive up to the parking. "Inside" he stated almost inaudibly. Following the same I park the car reaching for my wallet only to be told off. "I got it. And dont argue it this time, I'm not splitting or letting you pay." He declared with a finality that definitely did what he wanted it to. I get out of the car waiting for him on my side before being dragged inside. He orders for the both of us giving me the cups for the drinks while he waited for the food to be served. Surprisingly enough the place wasnt deserted, there were still people everywhere, some waiting for orders and others devouring their own. "So where are we gonna go?" I ask as he sits down in front of me placing the tray between the both of us. "You'll see.. I have a small surprise" he smiled pushing forward my order while he took his own.

S - "Surprise kab plan kiya?"

"Kal... I've wanted to take you there longer than you know. And what better than taking you out for a surprise after a win?"He chimed devouring the most of his burger much too fast. "Aur kisi ko leke gya hai Pehle?" I ask taking a much smaller bite out of my own. He gave me a soft teasing look leaning forward against the table. " Agar leke gya hota toh tu chalti saath?" He asked the knowing smirk of his suiting his face far more than it should.

"Of course not. Im not going to any of the stupid places you take your girlfriends" I reply, my distaste towards the people he dated quite obvious in my tone. "You've never  liked any of my girlfriends have you?" He asked chuckling slightly as he took his drink.

S - "Never have, never will. I dont like someone interfering with the right I have on you as a best friend for the sake of their own jealousy."

"Hmm.. mee too. Well sort of. I just dont like the entire idea of you leaving my life. Boyfriends confuse things, especially the way we are." He slurred packing away the remnants of his food. I chuckle at the fact that he'd forget most of what he'd said tomorrow morning. "So you wouldn't be okay if I found someone?" I ask walking with my eyes entangled with his as we headed out mostly to keep him from landing head first on the ground like he had multiple times before. "Its not like that. Of course I'd still want to and try to be just as close but the changes are inevitable. We'd drift far away from each other at a point."