Chapter 8

"Suna hai woh raaton ko jaagta hai
Usse kehna sote hum bhi nhi,
Suna hai woh chhup chhup ke rota hai
Usse kehna haste hum bhi nhi,
Suna hai woh mujhe bohut yaad krta hai
Usse kehna bhule hum bhi nhi"

"Soyi Nahi?"

I turn around hearing him step closer to where I stood against the balcony rail. I sighed taking another sip out of the cup of coffee I held. I'd sneaked out into the balcony after having helped Neetu Di set up her stuff for the event tomorrow night. I'd arrived just in time for the mehndi and wedding. Luckily perhaps. "Baat nhi krni hai toh Bta skti ho... I'll leave you alone" He mumbled, leaning his side against the rail. Standing with his eyes darted up at the sky. " I don't doubt that one bit. Akela chhod na aadat hai aap ki" I retort looking out into the distance. The flickering stars above keeping the will to stay out here longer ignited. "You have the complete right to hold a grudge for tha-"

S - "Khushfehmi hai aap ki, Gussa apno se hua jaata hai unse nhi jinhone dosti ka lihaaz tak nhi rakha"

"Pehle mujhe aap keh kr bulana band kro, itna formality suit nhi krta tujhe" he responded, following where I'd directed my eyes to. "Mujhe kya suit krta hai aur kya nahi yeh main ab aap se puchu?" I retort, sipping against my cup, letting my eyes dart to his face for a slight second. His skin glew the same way under the moon as it always had. As it had that night. "Of course not... request kr raha hu.. please mere se aap keh kr baat mat kro." He murmured meeting my gaze. I look away, focusing back on the stars above. "You still love them?" He intrigued, leaning his elbows against the rail, watching them flicker himself. "Theyre the only thing that hasn't changed." I reply hugging the light jacket I wore closer around myself, shivering at the thought.

"Sana?" I look back finding Neetu Di staring intently at the both of us. I hum turning around to face her. Smiling up at Aditiya who stood beside her. The conversation over dinner having well introduced the both of us. "Drive pe chalegi? Hum dono prso k liye venue dekhne jaa rahe the" Di continued, the suggestion seeming like the perfect getaway from the conversation we'd currently detoured to. I nod at her passing Sidharth a quick glance before following them through the doors.

"Bhai? Aap nhi aaoge?" Aditiya questioned, pausing the both of us from continuing back into the home. Sidharth shrugged following anyway. So much for getting away from him. I quickly put away the half full cup of coffee, grabbing my phone from where I'd left it earlier before joint the 3 out into the hall. "I'll drive" Sidharth announced, fiddling with the keys held now in his hand. I join Di in the back seat, settling behind Aditiya, Sidharth in my peripheral view. I let my eyes dart at him as he kept his focus out on the road. Everything I'd been told about him the past week, the changes, the undisturbed seriosness, all of it playing so in picture. It felt weird, pricking seeing him like this before my eyes. I wasn't used to him like this, the stillness he'd kept all day getting to the same way all of the distance had.

We walked into the venue, the soft blue midnight sky making the entire light decorations look even more serene then they would in daylight. I smiled looking up at the moon, the red curtains hanging beneath it glistening perfectly. Almost as if they were finally where they meant to be. "Beautiful" I whisper, letting my hand reach out to the soft cloth tied around the pillars holding the set up above the stage up. "Sidharth ne krvaya sab. Pehli baar apni degree k saath Ghar pe kuch kiya hai isne" Di chuckled, following up behind me. I give her a smile, letting my eyes dart to Sidharth who stood a few meters away. Right below the entrance arch. His stance making the look of despair on his face appear further. "Sach mein bohut sundar hai" I utter, in complete agreement with everything that came out of my mouth. I watched as Aditiya hopped on over, almost tripping himself against one of the set ups. Chuckling I made a mental connection about how entirely like myself he was. The self I no longer was. I let them continue on further into the depth of the set up, leaving behind my dazed self and Sidharth who seemed to not want to be here in the first place. "Aagey nhi aaugey?" I question, strolling back to where he stood, hesitantly. He turned back to face me, his hands still tied against his chest. I raised my brows at him not getting an answer the first time around. "No...." he rasped, the least of enthusiasm filled in his words. I study his face for another split second before leaning up against entrance beside him, eyeing the names written in LEDs against the floral board. "Shes really happy with what you did" I mumble tying my own arms around myself, warming myself up against the mildly cold wind. "At least someone is" he replied, letting his shoulders drop. A soft sigh leaving his mouth. "More people are happier with things you've done then you know Sidharth." I whisper, letting that night and each and everyone of the 3 years before that recollect into my mind as rapidly as they possibly could manage. He let out a sarcastic chuckle. One that expressed more pain then amusement. The shielding eyes of his baring for a second before guarding themselves again. The darkness filling in over the emotions that I'd always been able to easily read. "That coming from you feels wrong" he mumbled, picking at one of strings of lights behind where we stood.