Chapter 1

"She fell in love with you
Because you listened when she spoke
Even to the things she wasn't saying."

4 years ago......

I pace down the halls, the conversation with Kanika still fresh in my mind. It wasn't exactly the easiest going into senior year with two of my best friends having turned into rivals thanks to the girl that was already long gone. I'd also successfully been paired with the both of them in rumours. The prior nerd image of mine long gone. Not that it was true anyways but it was better then being known as the rumoured girlfriend of the two most wanted guys in our grade. Prom coming up was no easier. No one dared to ask me, fearing the reaction of the well known duo. They'd been quite an handful ever since I knew them. Me having boyfriends never sat well with them while on the other hand they screwed whoever the fuck the wanted, blessing me with the most disgusting information. Yes, I was being sarcastic. Hearing them talk about their affairs was no was in no way a blessing. It was weird, stuff like that wasn't what I imagined hearing. Sure I wasn't exactly unknown to all of that. I'd had me my fair share of adventures however only one was serious. And then after taking away the one thing I'd protected from the rest of the guys, he'd left me stranded. Leaving my broken pieces for someone else to pick up. The someone else being my best friend of 4 years. Not in the way you'd hope though. We were still very strictly only best friends. Friends who'd always been mistaken as a couple. I race down the hall to my locker, silencing the current thoughts. I throw the textbooks onto the top rack, hastily pulling on my coat over the all black outfit I had on.

I let my hair cascade over my back not having the current time to tie it up before I ran into the snow flurries outside

I let my hair cascade over my back not having the current time to tie it up before I ran into the snow flurries outside. Picking up my backpack I stuff my phone inside making way down to the office, getting all three of us signed out before heading to where I knew they were. The slippery snow slowed my walk, making my mind run faster. I'd always made it just on time in any of their fights, hoping the same happened today despite the fact of having been too far away to run over. I was sure they did it while I was in class on purpose too. My presence in a way stopped the both from killing each other. The hate instantly gulped along with the rough looks. I step over the small hill, moving down the stairs as soon as they came into vision. "Sidharth!" I shout seeing him raise his hand to Gautam's neck. Huffing I run through the snow, glaring at the now frozen best friends of mine. "What are you doing here?" Sidharth mumbled under his breath. His tone flat, almost rough, the steady loud breaths not helping with the aura he already had. I'd hate to admit but I was entirely scared of him in anger though I knew I wasn't at risk, I couldn't say much of the same for the guy standing in front of him. The fire in both their eyes pissing me off further. "Can you guys leave?!" I yell loud enough for the other 6 to know I was in no mood to repeat myself. They say something under their breath, huffing as they walk away with the hockey sticks they'd brought along. I glare at each one as the cross from in front of me. The wanted everything but this to stop. They enjoyed the duo fighting more than they enjoyed the plays back in school. "So I leave the both of you for 1 hour and you go back to taking chances at injuring each other ? Have you fucking lost it?"

Si - "Shehnaaz... stay out of this. Go back to class"

"Don't tell her what to do" Gautam pitched in making Sidharth jaw tighten further as he looks up from the small red patch of snow. I trail my eyes back up from the same, finding a still dripping cut across his palm. "Gautam leave. I'll see you at the building" I mumble pulling Sidharth with myself without another word. I keep our hands grasped together as I continue to where I'd parked the Jeep. Opening the passenger door I gesture him to get in, sighing as he stays put until the next second. "Kya milta hai tujhe yeh kr ke? You have a basketball game tonight. Finals k liye kitni important hai yeh bhi jaanta hai tu fir kyun kiya yeh? Abhi haath pe chot k saath kaise khelega?" I complain pulling out the first aid box from under the seat standing in between the door and him. "I didn't start it. Woh khud aaya, like always" he shot back, taking his hand out of my grip as I pulled out the medicine and bandage. I take it back making him wince slightly. "I don't care who came or started it. I care for the fact that you've hurt yourself or the fact that my best friends have now considered themselves as rivals." I mumble cleaning up his hand.

"Agar krna hi hai toh aaram se kr, gussa mat nikal" he groaned pulling his hand away clearly from me pressing to hard. I take a deep breath taking it in my hand again, wrapping it up as softly as I possibly could. "Im sorry.. pr nahi acha lgta mujhe jab tum dono aise krte ho. Especially not if I'm not there. I cant loose either of you Sidharth." I mumble letting the prior stance slip away as the fear from within rises above it. He let out a soft sigh pulling me into the embrace of his arms. "Ill try to keep away from it."

S - "Pakka?"

"I promise" he murmured softly grazing his lips against the crown of my head.