Chapter 2

" "Just friends", huh?
Well just friends don't steal
Secret glances at each other.
Just friends don't get jealous when
The other talks about someone else.
Just friends don't get butterflies
From each other.
Just friends don't hold each other like that.
"Just friends" ...... Yeah right."

"Are you coming to the game?" He asked as we walk towards the entrance into the gymnasium. I pause leaning against the brick wall outside the door. Smiling as he reached up to fix my now ruffled hair. "Gautam asked me to.... he also asked me to wear his jersey" I whisper putting my hands in my pockets. His face visibly paled, not too fond of what I'd said. Just as I'd expected. I'd worn his jersey for the entire time we'd been in this school. All three seasons he'd played. "And you're going to?" He asked, the tone back to being expressionless.

S - "Well it depends. The usual one I wear hasn't made its way to me yet"

Si - "So you're just gonna wear his instead of ask for mine?"

S - "if I have to ask for yours"

Si - "You wouldn't dare.."

"I very honestly would and you know thats a fact Sidharth" I shoot back giving him a smirk. He stepped closer leaning into the wall beside me. "So you think what he did was right today?" He questioned with a soft need for surity lacing his words.

"I never said that! I was waiting for you to give me it and if you don't then maybe Id wear his sooo" I mumble waiting for him to give me what I was waiting for, leaning further against the wall. He rolled his eyes pulling his backpack down his arm, opening the front zipper. I smiled as he pulled out the red and black striped jersey, the one I enjoyed wearing just as much as he liked having me wear it. "Finally, I thought you'd forget midst all the fights you've been having" I state, holding up the now unfolded silky cloth. A sudden pride filling the void from before. "You do understand I would've ripped the other one off even if you wore it right?" He stated with no sign of the words meaning any less than they sounded like.  "Absolutely" I agree knowing better than to disagree.

"Good" he uttered, smiling as he walked the rest of the distance to the entrance of the gym. "I'll see you by the bleachers?" He questioned before disappearing into the loud shrieks of the rest of his team. "Of course you will" I shout back, passing him a smile before rushing inside. I needed to catch up with Gautam before he left for practice himself. Sidharth always went earlier, a routine he'd followed since the first day he was selected. He'd even made me play with him at home, very easily tackling me on his own by the end of it. "Sana?!.. over here" I heard Gautam call racing down the stairs in front. I smile walking over, making way through the lines of students as we headed to our usual meet up place.

"Why were you guys fighting today?" I ask sitting atop the stool, leaning against the table. He stood in front of me, taking a seat the next second, huffing out a loud breath. "You didn't ask him?" He murmured giving me a questioning look. "Cant I ask you?" I shoot back relaxing into my seat.

G - "Thats not what I meant. It's just that you ask me every single time. He can be blamed too you know?"

S - "Okay fine.. but tell me what happened"

"The same old thing. He said something and I brought up the topic and it blew out of proportion" he explained looking away knowing well enough that I'd be mad at the same.  "Okay fine I wont say it again. I swear you've really started acting like his girlfriend." He stated exasperated as I began to leave.  I stare at him perplexed yet again. "And you've started acting like the rest of the school. You know thats not true" I revert continuing walking off into the hall.