one

Ava was just finishing her breakfast when she heard a knock on the window. Her family owl Blue was tapping her beak on the little kitchen window, a letter in her mouth. Ava excitedly ran to the window to catch the paper, but when she saw the red ink on the envelope her heart stopped. She had been waiting for this moment since she heard about Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she had a thirst for learning quite unusual for her age and only wished to learn in the magical school. She had been quite nervous after her 11th birthday as she wasn't sure when she would receive the letter and for a few weeks now she would always rush to get the mail from the owl.

As she took the envelope from Blue's mouth, she felt all giddy inside. She opened the letter and took it a long breath closing her eyes. This was it.

Dear Miss Lupin,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all the necessary books and equipment.

The term will begin on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely

"Dad, Dad." she yelled, "Come down here, I got my letter, I'm going, I'm really going !" She couldn't contain her excitement in any longer or else she thought she might explode. Her father rushed down the stairs dressed in old and shabby dress robes.

"Oh honey, let me see," he said as he took the paper from her hands. After reading it, he engaged his daughter in a bone-crushing hug. "I'm so proud of you, you're gonna love it there, you'll feel right at home and meet your dearest friends," he exclaimed whilst picking her up.

"I know I'm so excited, but we'll need to but my supply before the term starts and I need to respond to the school to make sure they know I'm coming," she said as she rushed to get a paper and a quill.

Lupin and Ava both took the floor network to Diagon Alley to buy all of her school supplies but she still needed her wand. They walked into the shop hand in hand where Mr Ollivander was standing in the dark hallway sorting out boxes.

"Oh miss Lupin, I've been quite excited to see you" She smiled shyly at him. "Well, why don't we get started then. Okay, let me have a quick look, I'll be right back." He turned on his heels and went back into the dark shelves skimming through the boxes.

"I think this should do, it's a chestnut wand. Eight and three-quarters inches long. It has a core of dragon bone." He handed her the beautiful wand that she took with a shaky hand. Immediately a vase sitting on the counter broke into hundreds of pieces hitting her and her father.

"Well that's clearly not the right one but try this: an eleven-inch long poplar wand with a unicorn hair core." She took it in her hands and a bright blue light shoots out of the wand. "Oh I think this one was made for you, you'll do great things miss Lupin, great things."He smiled brightly at her and handed her the velvet box.

After paying and saying their goodbye, they went back home. Ava was ready for her new year and felt as happy as ever.

AN: hi guys thanks for reading my story. The next chapter is a bit boring but don't worry the drama and fun comes right after. Please leave comments, feedback and vote, it really makes my day <3