twenty nine

Ava woke up in the room she shared with Ginny and Hermione. It had been a few days since they were at 12 Grimmauld Place. Ava loved it, she had never seen her father so happy and it warmed her heart. But sadly, not everything could be perfect. Fred had been ignoring her for two days now. It wasn't obvious, but she had noticed. Ever since his father's attack, he stayed in his room with George all day, working on their joke shop. He avoided eye contact with her and his appearances at lunch were very brief. Ava spent most of her days with Ron and Hermione since Harry was distant too, Voldemort occupying his mind. The adults would be gone tonight, as the meeting would be held at another member's house so Ginny had an idea. Since the mood was pretty gloomy these past days, they would throw a party to relax and get in the Christmas spirit. They had owled a couple of their friends to join them. Lee Jordan, Theo Riddle, Luna Lovegood, Dean and Seamus had just arrived.

It was around six when the adults left, and the house was empty. For once they were all together cramped around the coffee table, the fire warming their skin. Ron had found Sirius' firewhiskey stash and George had gone down to a nearby shop to buy cigarettes. They were all chilling and drinking, conversation erupting between the group. Fred kept glancing at Ava, but as soon as she looked at him he turned away. He was talking to Harry about the shop, but his mind was elsewhere. She was talking to Ron, joking about his Yule Ball dress robes when Hermione stood up.

" Do you guys want to play a game ?"

" Sure," they all said.

" I made this Veritaserum some time ago, for Snape's class but never used it. What if we play Truth or Dare but with the serum. If you choose truth you have to answer with the serum, or you take a shot."

They all agreed enthusiastic as Hermione took out the vial from her pocket. They sat down comfortably, Ava next to Dean on the couch, the twins each in an armchair and the rest on the carpet.

" Ok I'll go first," said Hermione, " Ron truth or dare ?"

" Truth," he said as Hermione handed him the vial, he took a drop and waited for the question.

" If you could get with anyone here, who would it be."

" You," he blurted out. As soon as the words slipped out, he looked mortified. Hermione was blushing madly, a sly smirk on her face.

" Ginny, you're next, truth or dare ?"

" Dare."

"Kiss anyone you want."

She got up, and without hesitation made her way to Luna. She pulled her onto her lap and kissed her passionately whilst they all cheered. When she was done, she went back to her seat, wiping her lip seductively whilst staring at Luna.

" Ok, George next. Truth or dare ?"

" Dare."

" Take two shots."

" Amateur," he murmured whilst downing the shot like they were juice. " Ava, truth or dare ?"

" Dare."

" Give a lap dance to anyone you want."

At first, Ava's mind immediately went to Fred, but she wanted to mess with him a bit. She decided to stand up, make her way over to him, and at the last minute switch to Theo. He was a good friend of the twins and Ava had talked to him a couple of times, but they were just friends. As she lowered down to his level, she whispered in his ear "It's just to make him jealous." He took a hit of the cigarette that was between his lips and nodded with a smirk on his lips. George turned up the music that was playing on the radio, which happened to be the perfect song: The Hills. She tied her long hair up, whilst moving her hips seductively as she sat on him. As she danced, he pulled her in by the waist, searching for a look for approval. His hands roamed on her waist and laid on her hips, as she slowly threw back her head, resting it in the crook of his neck. When she had enough, Ava sat up making sure to look Fred in the eye when she did so. She had a small smirk on her lips when she walked past him, making sure to see his reaction. His jaw was clenched tightly as he rubbed his hands on his pants, readjusting in his seat.

" Since when can you do that ?" asked Harry baffled.

" Let's just say the 10 years of dancing came in handy," she teased.

They stopped the game and went back to talking, but Fred was zoning out. Ava noticed as he slipped away, making his way to the corridor. She excused herself and followed him up the stairs discreetly. He was breathing heavily and clenching his fists, opening the door to his room. Ava waited for him to go in, resting her ear against the closed door. She heard a muffled grunt, a few "fucks" and then a loud thump. Fred had punched the wall, and it seemed like it hurt. Ava opened the door aggressively, only to see him on the edge of the bed his head in his hands.

" Get the fuck out," he bellowed, anger lacing his voice.

" Don't talk to me like that."

" Fuck off."

" No."

" Go back to that fucking asshole. He seemed to enjoy your little performance."

" You're such a dickhead. That was just a game and you know it. You're the one who's been ignoring me."

" Glad you noticed. See Lupin, when someone ignores you, they probably don't want to talk to you. They probably want you to fuck off."

" As if I'd want you around," she murmured.

" I don't give a fuck about you anyway."

"Whoever said I gave a shit about you."

" You never share your feelings or communicate, I guess I'm just a playboy to you."

" You know that's not true. You're the one who kisses me one day and ignores me the next. If you don't like me just say it. Stop trying to make me fall for you. Stop trying to play with me."

"I'm not playing with you," he growled.

" Then why are you ignoring me ?" she stormed.

" Because I want you to be mine," he shouted. " I can't stand a minute not being with you. You're always on my mind. I'm always looking for you. You make me feel things I've never felt before. But I know I'm not the only one who likes you. When I see you with someone else, it makes my blood boil. I want to kill anyone who touches you. I want you to be mine, just mine."

He stopped to catch his breath as silence invaded the room. They stared at each other for what felt like ages. Ava couldn't believe it. He wanted her to be his. This was all she ever wanted it. She couldn't believe it. Snapping back to reality, she pulled his shirt and crashed her lips onto his. This kiss was more than a kiss. It was more than any words could ever say. She was pouring out all of her love, all of her emotions, all of her joy. And he was grabbing onto her like she was about to vanish. They were holding each other so tightly, melting into one.

" I want you to be mine too," she whispered.

"Just the two fo us."

"Just the two of us."