two

As they walked onto the platform, the steaming train whistled loudly. "It's about to leave Ava, are you sure you have everything ?" They had gone through her trunk about twenty times to make sure she had everything she needed but her father was very stressed that morning.

"Yes dad, don't worry I'll be okay, I'll write to you as soon as I arrive." She hugged her father tightly and kissed his cheek. " I love you and I'll miss you." She said as she hurried onto the train, her father waving on the platform.

She walked with her heavy truck through the corridors looking for an empty compartment. Each seemed full and she didn't feel like joining 7th years. As she walked near the end of the train, she saw a compartment with only a boy inside. He was wearing round spectacles and had raven black hair.

"Hi, may I come in, everywhere else is full?" She said smiling at him as he nodded his head shyly. "I'm Ava Lupin, nice to meet you." She stretched her arm out as they shook hands.

"I'm Harry Potter, it's nice to meet you too."

As the train ride went on, a red-headed boy named Ron joined them and they spent the rest of the time laughing and eating candies. Ava felt so happy to make friends so fast, she knew right away that those boys would be her best friends.

Hermione also made her appearance in the compartment looking for a toad. Ava introduced herself and the two started talking about classes and some spells they had learned. She thought it was nice to have a girlfriend that was also very invested in schoolwork.

They all arrived at Hogsmeade and took the boats across the black lake. Ava's eyes went wide as they set on the majestic school, it was all she had dreamed of and even more. She couldn't believe it was real, she rubbed her eyes to make sure it wasn't one of her dreams.

The first years all queued in the Great Hall behind Mrs Mcgonnagal waiting nervously to be sorted. She was starting to get nervous as she fiddled with the sides of her uniform. What if she ended up in Slytherin, she couldn't possibly be one of them, she feared them way too much. She feared to not be a Gryffindor like her father and his friends, she didn't want to disappoint him, she wanted him to be proud.

She was taken out of her thoughts as her name was called. She reluctantly walked up to the stool and waited for the hat to be placed onto her head. " Ah a Lupin, quite mischievous I see but also very loving and brave. You would do anything to protect the ones you love and you will never back down. Quite ambitious too, and very witty. I know where you'll fit right in." The hat spoke slowly, mediating every word he said.

"Just like your dad, you'll be a Gryffindor."

Cheers erupted in the hall as Ava hopped off the stool and made her way to the Gryffindor table. There she sat next to Ron, Harry and Hermione. She was as delighted as ever to be sorted with her friends but she was even happier to be sorted in the same house as her father.

That night she ate as much food as she could before making her way to her dorm. She shared her room with Hermione and three other girls she didn't have the chance to talk to yet. As her head hit her pillow, Ava felt blissful, all of her worries were long gone and her mind clear, all she could think about was the day to come, her classes and the friends she would make.