sixteen

Ava was running up the stairs, tears threatening to fall from her eyes. As she ran she bumped into Ginny who was happily skipping back to her room.

" Oh god Ava, what's wrong ?"

She couldn't speak, he throat was tied in a knot. She only fell to her knees and into Ginny's open arms. She caught her before she could hit the ground and lovingly stocked her hair.

"Shh it's okay, don't worry babe it's gonna be okay."

Tears were streaming down her cheeks and she was soaking Ginny's dress.

"It is about a boy ?" she asked. Ava only nodded.

"Would that boy happen to be my brother ?"

Ava tilted her head up and pleaded,"please don't tell him that I cried, don't tell him anything."

"Don't worry, I'll just punch him in the jaw."

Ava laughed lightly and sighed. She got to her feet and wiped her cheeks with the back of her hand. Ginny took her arm and guided her to her room. She took off her dress, put on one of her friend's old t-shirt and buried herself under her blanket. Ginny stayed with her that night and they fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning, everybody woke up late as it was boxing day. At breakfast, Ava learned about Ron and Hermione's bickering. Although she agreed on certain points with Ron she was quite irritated at him for ruining her night. Yes, Krum was older than Hermione. Was it a bit weird? Yes. But did he have a say in it? Absolutely not. Hermione was mature enough to make her own decisions.

They seemed to have reached a common agreement not to discuss their argument. They were being quite friendlyto each other, though oddly formal.  Ava told Hermione and Harry everything that happened last night. She didn't want to tell Ron about her kiss because it was his brother and the fewer people knew the better. Harry and Hermione had come up with a plan to avoid both of the boys until she had a clear mind.

They were currently in the Great Hall eating breakfast and trying to figure out the second task that would soon take place. Harry was next to Ava and Hermione and Ron were sitting on the other side of the table.

"So you have no idea what it could be ?" she asked him.

"Well I was thinking, since you know Cedric in more ways than one, you could -" started Harry.

"No, absolutely not."

"Oh come on, why not."

"I can't just ask him, besides it's against the rules."

"I'm sure that if you kissed him again he wouldn't mind telling you," he chuckled.

" WHAT? You kissed Diggory ?" Ron shouted. Just in time, Fred and George passed their table, giving them weird looks.

"Shut up, everybody can hear you." She hissed, hiding her face in her hands. Harry and Hermione were snickering at her flushed state.

" You guys knew about it ?" he questioned.

" Oh, it wasn't just a kiss mate. Have a look at her neck," said Harry whilst tilting Ava's neck to the side revealing  deep purple bruises. She had spent an hour this morning trying to fade them away but they were still quite apparent.

Ron gasped at the sight, " Bloody hell, it looks like you were having a good time."

Ava pushed Harry's hand away and tried to cover the hickeys with her hair. She was now bright red and very embarrassed.  I'll meet you guys back in the common room," she said rushing out of the Hall.