five

Ava woke up the next morning to find Hermione's bed neatly done so she assumed she had already gone down to breakfast. She jumped out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. She washed her face, brushed her teeth and hair and applied her makeup. She then went to her wardrobe to put on her uniform. This year, her old skirt that used to be far too big for her before now fitted perfectly around her new curves. She had decided to swap her old and shabby tights for knee-high socks and wore low Doc Martens as her school shoes. She grabbed her bag and made her way down the spiral staircase.

The common room was filled with a few students who had already taken their breakfast, and there, standing at the bottom of the staircase was Fred. His shirt was missing a few buttons and his tie hung loosely around his neck.

"Hello there darling. I saw Granger going down for breakfast and thought I'd wait for you."

"Hi, Freddie. What a nice gesture."

He swung his arm over her shoulders. " Well let's go then, they're all waiting for us downstairs."

They passed the doors of the Great Hall and went to sit with all of their friends. As she went to sit next to Harry, Fred whispered in her ear.

"I forgot to tell you, that skirt looks dashing on you."

He winked and Ava felt a blush creeping to her cheeks. Hermione who saw the whole scene, was laughing behind her hands and smiled wildly at Ava as she sat down.

Ron was looking at his brother with furrowed brows. "What the hell was that all about ?"

"Nothing, he just saw that Hermione had abandoned me so I came down here with him."

"Seemed like he was pretty happy to do it." He was glancing angrily at Fred.

"Oh shut it, Ronald. Nothing is going on and even if there was something, it would be none of your business."

"It is my business, I don't want him hurting you."

"I can take care of myself."

Their bickering was interrupted by McGonagall handing them their timetables.

"Bloody hell, half of our classes are with Slytherins," Harry said grumpily examining his paper.

" I don't know why you hate them so much, apart from Malfoy they're all pretty nice."

"That's because everybody likes you."

Ava had a few friends in every house. She didn't understand the hatred between Gryffindors and Slytherins. She loved all of the houses and found that they all had something different to offer. For example, the Slytherins threw the best parties and they were good to do projects with, as they were the most determined people she had met. Hufflepuffs were very loyal and fun to hang out with, she liked to confess to her yellow friends. Ravenclaws were very witty and she loved arguing and debating with them.

They finished breakfast and headed to their first class of the day. Their timetable was pretty nice as they would nearly spend the whole day outside. They first had herbology with Hufflepuffs and then divination with Slytherins.

As they entered the greenhouse Ava spotted some of her Hufflepuffs friends. She paired herself with Harry and today's task was quite disgusting: they had to collect the pus from the bubotubers. As disgusting as it was Ava felt a strange satisfaction from popping the pimples. The pus was between a sick green and canary yellow that smelled like gas.

The bell rang and they all headed down to Hagrid's Hut where they met with the Slytherins. Ava sent a few waves and smiled to Pansy and some other Slytherins. The class went by quickly and smoothly, a first for a class with Slytherins.