fifteen

" Do you know who she's going with ?" asked Fred as they were waiting in the Hall.

Ron eyed Harry suspiciously and winked," No I don't, I'm not sure if she even has a date."

"It better not be Cedric, or I'm gonna take his head off."

Ginny had met up with Neville in the common room but Hermione and Ava were meeting their dates in the Entrance Hall. Ava felt the stares and whispers of students as they passed in the halls. A few Slytherins wolf-whistled as they walked passed. They turned a corner and stopped, just before the Grand Staircase. Hermione was rubbing her arms nervously and Ava nudged her to go first. She descended the stairs gracefully and took Krum's arms. It was now Ava's turn, she took a deep breath and turned the corner. At the bottom of the stairs, all of her friends were waiting since she was the last one to come down. They all had wide eyes and their jaws hanging open. She took the side of the dress in her right hand to make sure not to trip and she descended, a smirk on her face. She went over to her friends, laughing at their expressions.

"Bloody hell Ava, you look amazing," blurted Ron.

"Oh don't look so surprised."

" You look absolutely gorgeous," said Harry.

Fred had his back turned and he was talking with George and Angelina. When he heard her voice he turned around and gaped. He couldn't believe it, she was beautiful, truly beautiful, he felt immense regret for not asking her out. But when he saw her make her way to Cedric and take his arm, his regret turned into pure jealousy. His jaw clenched and his fists tightened their grips around his wand. Harry, Ron and George all laughed at his expression, but Angelina did not seem amused.

" You told me you didn't know who she was going with," bellowed Fred.

" Well that was a lie," said Harry.

" Why the hell would she go with him, he's a git."

" Well one, he asked her to the ball," said George.

" And two, he's pretty handsome," huffed Angelina.

" Oh so you want to go with him too don't you."

" Jealousy doesn't look good on you mate," whispered George whilst tapping his shoulder.

"Stop acting like such a git, just forget about her, you're with me now" seethed Angelina. She took his hand and they disappeared into the crowd.

The entrance hall was packed with students too, all milling around waiting for eight o'clock when the doors to the Great Hall would be thrown open.

Ava walked slowly up to Cedric. He bowed dramatically when he saw her and stretched his arms for her to take.

"You look beautiful my lady," he winked.

"You look very handsome I must say," she laughed.

He was wearing a black fitted suit with a bow tie and a very smart cloak. He looked hot, there was no denying. His tall figure was towering over her as he tucked a hair out of her face.

Then Professor McGonagall's voice called, "Champions overhere, please!"

Cedric guided Ava to the line that was formed by the champions. They got in position in front of the doors and Ava waved good luck to Harry. He had Parvati next to him, she was gorgeous in her pink robes, her hair was braided with gold and bracelets were glimmering on her wrists.
She looked quite proud to be with the Chosen One, but Harry looked livid. He was now a very concerning shade of white and drops of sweat were streaming down his forehead.

Once everyone else was settled in the Hall, Professor McGonagall told the champions and their partners to get in line in pairs andto follow her. They did so, and everyone in the Great Hall applauded as they entered. Students whispered and pointed as Hermione and Ava walked past. The walls of the Hall had all been covered in sparkling silverfrost, with hundreds of garlands of mistletoe and ivy crossing thestarry black ceiling. The House tables had vanished; instead, therewere about a hundred smaller, lantern-lit ones. They walked  onto thebrightly lit dance floor Ava was carefully avoiding catching anyone's eye (shecould see Seamus and Dean waving and sniggering at Harry whilst Fred looked quite sulky.)