four

They all changed into their school robes and after a while, the Hogwarts Express slowed down at last and stopped in the pitch-darkness of the Hogsmeade station. Ava and her friends hopped off the train and were greeted by a rumble of thunder overhead. The thick pouring rain was ice-cold and drenched them from head to toe as they run over to the carriages. They climbed thankfully inside one of them, the door closed with a breeze and the carriages made their way toward Hogwarts castle.

Finally, the horseless carriages arrived at the castle and they hopped off, running into the entrance hall.                                                                                                                                                   
"Blimey" Ron shook his head like a wet dog, sending water everywhere, " I'm soaked."

The golden quartet made their way into the Great Hall which had been tastefully decorated for the welcoming feast: golden plates and goblets gleamed illuminated by the hundreds of candles floating gracefully in the air. They sat at the far side of the Hall, at the Gryffindor table. Ava loved the sorting ceremony and was always so happy to welcome the first years. She was very good at making them feel at home and welcomed into their new house. She would always clap for each student but when it came to a new Gryffindor, she would stand up and start whistling for them. This made her friends laugh as she was always the loudest on the table.

"I'm sure you can sit down now Ava, you've hurt all of our ears and they feel pretty welcomed." Harry pulled her by the waist so that she would sit back onto the bench.

"Sorry for being enthusiastic." She retorted. "I'm sure you would have loved to be welcome by my beautiful cheering as a first-year." She sat down and playfully nudged Harry.

"All I got when I was sorted was Oh not another Weasley" Ron was making his famous puppy face whilst crossing his arm over his chest.

"Don't worry Ronniekins you're by far my favourite Weasel." She cooed whilst messing up his hair.

"Did you hear that Georgie, she broke my heart, just like that, she chose my own brother over me." Cried Fred in a dramatic voice, he mimicked an arrow going through his heart and placed a hand on his forehead.

Ron stuck his tongue out to his brother whilst placing his arm over her shoulders. Ava was giggling when Dumbledore cleared his throat.

"I must ask for your attention. I would like to remind you all that the forest on the grounds is out-of-bounds to students, as is the village of Hogsmeade to all below third year. It is also my painful duty to inform you that the Inter-House Quidditch Cup will not take place this year."

"What?" Harry gasped. He looked around at Ava, Fred and George, his fellow members of the Quidditch team.

"Did I hear him right ?" She was looking around at her friends, appaled and startled, hoping she was dreaming.

Ava was pretty good at Quidditch, some would say one of the best players in this school. She had learned to play at the Burrow, summer of 1st year with Charlie who had nicely accepted giving her lessons every day. Every spare time she had she would either be reading in the library or flying around the pitch on her broom, throwing the quaffle around. She had pleaded for her father to let her go to the World Cup with the Weasleys but with the event that happened beforehand, he didn't want her to leave.

Dumbledore went on, "This is due to an event that will be starting in October, and continuing throughout the school year. I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts we have the honour of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year"