twenty eight

A few weeks had passed, and Christmas Holidays were near. Ava would be spending the holiday at 12 Grimmauld Place with everyone, which she was quite excited about as she usually spent Christmas with only her father. It also meant she would see Fred more often. They had gone on two dates, on at Hogmsade and one at the Black Lake. They had made a pact to not touch during the dates, to be able to get to know each other more. They weren't dating officially and no one knew yet about the two of them, so Ava had no idea where she stood.

She had been woken up during the night, Ginny crying uncontrollably whilst barging in her room telling her that Arthur had been injured. She was dragged through the corridors into Dumbledore's office. There, the Weasley family and Harry were sitting down, all looking very shocked. As soon as she saw her friends, her heart shattered. They did not deserve this, they were the most caring and good-hearted people she knew. Ron had tears stained cheeks and Ava pulled him in a tight hug, murmuring " He's gonna be okay.". She hugged Harry too, before her eyes landed on Fred, she had never seen him like this before, it seems like all the light inside of him had died. She gave him a close mouth smile before engulfing him in a hug. Dumbledore had set up a portkey, and they apparated to the Black's house.

As soon as they explained everything to Sirius and the Weasley had an anxious brawl with him, they sat down in the kitchen, Ava making tea for everyone. The room was silent, only the sounds of sips being heard. She handed Fred a cup, before placing a hand on his shoulder, wich he squeezed lovingly. After finishing their tea, Sirius tried to cheer everyone up, summoning butter beers and setting a fire in the living room. Ava had noticed that Harry was particularly silent, like he was in deep thought. He was on the edge of the sofa, staring absentmindlesly at his beer. She sat next to him, and when he didn't react she took his hand in her lap, drawing soothing circles on it. Soon enough they all drifted too sleep, Harry resting his head in Ava's lap, snoring lightly.

***

The next morning they were woken up by Ms Weasley's booming voice in the kitchen.

" Wake up dearies, I have some good news. Dad is only injured and he'll be back in a few days. They're keeping him at St.Mungos and we can go visit today."

The children all excitedly got ready, ate breakfast and apparated to the hospital. Ava did not go, she felt like she should let them have this moment together, as a family. She was in the living room reading, when she heard a loud pop in the kitchen were Sirius was. She hear a low raspy, voice wish she recognised to be her fathers. She jumped up, and hurried into the Kitchen only to see her father kissing Sirius passioantely. As soon as they heard noise, they sprung apart, turning beet red.

"Puppy I can explain, it's not what it looks like," said Remus.

" Well it is kinda what it looks like," murmured Sirius.

" Are you guys, umm like dating ?" she asked.

" Umm well yes kinda," they said, rubbing their necks sheepishly.

" Oh my god that's awesome," she cheered, crushing both of them in a hug.

" Wait so you're not mad ?" asked Remus.

" Mad ? Why would I be mad ?"

" Well Sirius is a man..."

" As long as you're happy I don't care what he is, hell he could even be a troll I would'nt mind."

" I'm really sorry , we wanted to tell you but we were waiting for the right time," said Sirius, a big smile on his face.

" I just have a question, but you don't have to answer," she started nervously. "Are you bi, or queer or gay, I mean like -"

" I'm pansexual, I loved your mother and I love Sirius," he said.

" Well, like father like daughter," she chuckled awkwardly.

" What ?" they both said.

" I'm bisexual."

They jumped up and down, cheering and screaming," We have a chance that she won't date a men.We have a chance that she won't date a men," in a sing-song voice.