Chapter 33

🌹Raw.Unedited🌹

>>I am grateful for a chance to show you just how much pain you caused me>>

A tear slid down my eye as my fist shook violently.

"No no no no" I recited the mantra in my head .

Why was he here ? Why couldn't he just disappear forever like I thought he would ?

First he ruined mum's life then tried to ruin mine. I wanted to be thankful that he never really had an encounter with Dami but before I could finish that thought, Dami burst out if the gate fuming .

"Who is he?...and ...and why are you and mum so shaken at his sight ?". He asked stepping in front of me and scanning my father .

Our father ; but no. He wasn't our father .He had never acted like one before .

I took the second to scan him and he looked more tattered than I could have imagined a person being . 

He smiled showcasing his crooked teeth and I let out an involuntary gasp as I remembered how he smiled the day he tried to rape me .

" I have missed you my dear child."  He said side stepping Dami and coming face to face with me and putting a hand on my cheek as Dami just stood there unaware of what to do .

"I am not your child and you have never ever , been my father . I doubt you'll be able to start now."     I snarled yanking his fingers of my face and running back into the house .

Way to ruin Christmas .

***************************************
Dami.

The smell of jollof rice wafted through the air as I could almost taste it on my tongue .

Yes,it was still Christmas day and mum was sucking the after effect of the late morning visit we had and cooking in the kitchen for the family dinner we were hosting later in the evening .

It was a tradition for mum to hold a dinner every Christmas . She didn't just invite family though . She also invited a few friends and  sometimes spoke to my friend's parents so they would join us .

While mum was doing fine for a woman who just saw the evil gather of her two kids , Mide was busy in her room making a desert of her body as she drained every water in her system .

Now why was she crying ? I wouldn't know . I mean ,I wasn't the one who had to spend my whole life with a monster who later tried to rape me right ? So I couldn't even comfort her and tell her that I understood what she was feeling .

As for me , I was busy playing video games as   . Don't hiss and just think of me as an inconsiderate person.  In this case, I couldn't do much to help any of them . 

Not mum ,Not Mide .

So I just did what I did best .Played games ,and in addition, wondered how a man could be that vile.

Of course I was an A+ student but that didn't mean I would spend my holiday reading textbooks and stuff like that .

As I won the round I was playing, I dropped the controls on the table and surrendered to the tempting aroma of the food .

As I entered the kitchen , mum turned to me .  The gentle tapping of my feet on the ground must have alerted her . 

She grinned as she dropped the frying spoon and loosened the  apron ropes on her waist .

"I was just about to call you . Monitor the rice I'm boiling .If you let it burn ehn .  You go hear am . "   "I laughed at mum's attempt to speak broken English.
" It won't burn ma ."     "Ehen".  She dumped the apron on the slab as she walked away.