Chapter 14

"Oooh!"
The class exclaimed.

"Aramide please stand up."
The surprise was very evident on Aramide's face .
The teacher just asked her to stand up .
"No.You can have the sit. You're standing up for yourself. That's cute"

He said with a smirk exposing a broken tooth.
Aramide wished she could slap the smirk off his face and she could ;if she wasn't new at the school.

He took the sit right next to her and gestured to the teacher to go on .

"Aramide.Do you know who that guy is ?"

A frown immediately took its position on Mide's face.
She couldn't understand why Demmie had been making such a fuss about him.
His voice was familiar and he looked like someone she had seen before but she couldn't place where and how she met him.

"He's a human being. That I'm sure of. Isn't that enough to know about him?"

Demmie gave her a look of disbelief accompanied with a funny look.
"That's not enough to know ! His father is the owner of this school."

Mide's eyes widened.
"His father is the what !!"
Demmie nodded.

Just then Ella pulled on  Demilade's arm .
"Physics is next . You're going to be late."
Glancing at Mide, she spoke.
"I'm sorry for the way I acted the last time. I was in a bad mood."

"Barbie, I have to go .You too had better start going ."
Demmie said and waved at Aramide.

She walked to class with a fake smile plastered on her face and her hands holding on to the straps of her school bag .
She was a nervous wreck .

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi, I'm Levi...Levi Robinson." Levi smiled extending a hand to the girl sitting next to him ."

She smiled but it wasn't one that met her eyes .
She had been fidgeting like someone who just recovered from a nervous breakdown.
"I'm Aramide Olatunde."

He gave her an assuring smile before he nodded and turned to the teacher in front of them.
He didn't want the teacher calling them out.

As soon as they were done with copying notes and the teacher was out of the class, Aramide stood up and adjusted the position of her chair.

Re-packing her braids, she stared at him with an inquisitive look.
"You've been staring at me for some time ."
Levi gave a hearty chuckle which made the heads of a few students turn to  them.
"You just noticed hmm?"

She gave him a confused look and shifted away to lean on the window .
He studied her as she continuously rubbed the side of her left arm then moved to the back of her neck .

"I have itching powder. Need some ?"
He offered jokingly.
When he saw she wasn't going to respond any time soon , he tapped her .

"What do you want from me ?"
She asked when she finally deemed it fit to face Levi.

"I saw what you did to Kyle. It was..."
"Stupid ?Wrong ?Dumb ?Uncalled for ? Lay it on cause there's none I haven't heard from Demmie ."
"I was actually going to say cool. By the way, who's Demmie?"
"She's my friend . Demilade. "
"Oh. She's the one you're calling Demmie. "

" You know her ? " She asked and he nodded in response.

Once again she kept quiet and leaned on the window.
"You know , if not for the way you stood up to Kyle today, I would have actually believed your shy facade"
He said with a raised eyebrow.
"It's not a facade."
"Oh really"

He smirked .He was making her uncomfortable again.
Taking a look at her watch she jumped .
"I have class now.Bye."
She said and ran out .

••••••••••••••••

Mide had successfully survived four school days at Zenith college .
Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday.
Today was Friday .
She felt like she was going to erupt each time she walked into a class room because of the stares.
It got her wondering if she had something on her face like a tribal mark or a tattoo .
Even  people that had face tattoos didn't receive this much stares.

She  heard the bell for P.H.E but just couldn't bring herself to stand up .
Reality had just hit her hard in the face.
No Razak.
No Suliat.
No Baami.

For three months!

The three people who made her life worth living .

How was she going to survive ?

If she was at school in her community she would have been passing notes to Razak in civic class.

Someone tapped her lightly on her shoulder making her jump a bit in suprise.
She turned to see  the face of the guy that sat near her each time they were having P.H.E
His name was Jayson Markurdi.

"Mr Desmond said we should come to the field for P.H.E."
She couldn't stop the smile from spreading on her face.
They were going to the one place she had come to love in Zenith College.
She had come to love the field .It calmed her down and made her remember the stories of the great blue skies she had once read.

"Thanks." She said as she packed her braids up .
It was something the P.H.E teacher asked all the girls to do whenever they were going to the field.
'Ethics of sports' he called it.

She stood and picked her bag heading to the school bathroom to change to her sport wear.
Literally. It was the school bathroom.
After sports or any other strenuous activity, some students went to have a quick bath but she didn't see the need of that at all .

She went into the female section and changed her clothe also not forgetting to put on her white sneakers.
Demmie had advised her to always carry one of the two pairs she had in her bag in case she needed them .

In a few minutes, she was out .She picked her school bag from the corner where she had positioned it earlier and walked to the field in anticipation of being picked for whatever sport they would be doing.
••••••••••••••••••••

All the students were lined up horizontally with boys on a side and girls on another .
No doubt that they made noise in the name of hi's and hey's.

Mr Desmond had asked them to greet each other because  for some reason most of them were enemies and he didn't want fighting in his class so he wanted them to start with happiness in mind , but seeing as everywhere was getting rowdy because he decided that letting them 'express ' themselves wouldn't be bad at all, he decided to stop the noise .

Trying and failing to calm the noise down without screaming at the top of his lungs he got frustrated and went to tap Christiana the lousiest and loudest girl in their set .

He explained what he wanted her to do and she set on with her task .
"EVERYONE SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!"
Her extraordinarily loud voice was heard and that made all the students turn to her wanting to know the reason for screaming.

Taking advantage of the situation, Mr Desmond started talking.
"That's the end of greetings for today since none of you is willing to act mature and stop making noise."
"actually sir..."
"Shut up" a group of girls interrupted Rose.
She was known to be the talkative of the class therefore they all knew she was going to say something that wasn't wise.

He began to position each of them the way they should be  and ignored the murmuring of some of the students.

"Before we go on , Matthew,Dipo,Kyle,come out "
The boys walked to where  Mr Desmond stood wondering why they were called out.
"Today is a day for the girls. Each of you,"
He said staring at the girls .
"Will try to score a goal against one of these boys. I've grouped you into three .Group A , Dipo. Group B Kyle ,Group C Matthew. Now start."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:Hey, it's1:10 am and this girl is sleepy.
Longest chapter so far ey ?😏
one word for this chapter🌼🌼.
Please vote,comment and share.
Good night or rather good morning.

Sewa💖💖
xoxo.