Chapter 17

The weeks went by fast enough with Aramide  enjoying every bit of schooling in Zenith College.That is, apart from the frequent clashing with Kyle and some other bullies.
She had to tell her self a million times everyday to control herself and not show them all what she was made of.
Even if she couldn't fight them physically at least she could talk them off, but she was holding herself back.

Dami and Demmie were the best people ever during those situations standing up for her or at least calming her down.

Truth be told it wasn't easy being unnoticed when both your friends were very popular .

Dami ,he was one of Kyle's friends although they didn't hang around each other too much.
She had noticed them pass each other looks and cheeky smiles on certain occasions. Dami did most of the cheeky smiling; Kyle was not as cheerful as Dami.

Demilade, Mide had noticed she was sometimes mean and she rolled with everyone, except those she called gold diggers.This scared Mide 'cause she couldn't tell Demmie the kind of background that she had.

The teachers...they were on a whole different level.
Mr Godwin,Aramide couldn't comprehend how he was able to behave the way that he did, considering his name.

This man was the definition of a Lothario .The day he sighted Mide was the day she stood up to answer a question in Biology class.
He wasn't even the subject teacher he just came to borrow a cane . At least that's what he said but everyone knew that wasn't it. He had his eyes on the biology teacher.
He walked In the very moment Mide was answering a question and since then ,he made it a point of duty to waylay her.

Since then she always walked with Dami or Demmie if they weren't busy.

Glares were  exchanged ,fights had happened but there was one thing that was never going to change. Aramide's mindset.

She was here for ss1 and then she would leave .Getting entangled in rubbish of any kind was not her plan .

The girl from the other day . Number three. Yeah , she had gotten used to calling her that but the girl's name was Vera. Vera Martins.

They had also gotten pretty close and she now ate with Mide , Demmie and Dami.
They called themselves VAMO.
Vera,Amos-which was Dami's surname-,  Mide,Ogunbade.
Personally Mide thought it was dumb but what could she do ? Her friends loved it.
Vera was a really sporty person. No wonder she was able to play football the way she did.

Mid term tests had started and the tension  around the school could be cut through with a pair of scissors .

Of course there were  always the ones that wouldn't take anything seriously.

VAMO had just come back from studying in the library and they decided to get some snacks at the tuck shop.
They all stood back and watched Vera collect the items .

Soon enough ,she was sitting down under the large tree with them.

"So what are we having next ?" Demmie asked .
"We have only four papers remaining oh."

"Ehn what are they ?"
Vera insisted.
"English, Biology."
"Remaining two ,you people should stop doing it like mystery nau."
"Weren't we all given the timetable? ",
Mide spoke for the first time.

"Just talk ah!"
"The last two subjects are different for each department. I'm in Arts. Mine is Literature."
"Science department is Further maths."
A groan escaped from Demmie's mouth.
"We already have the devil in the form of maths .They na have to add further maths again. Ahahn!"
Dami chuckled .
"It's not all that hard you know."
Rolling her eyes ,she stood up and dusted her day wear.
"Where are you going?"
Dami asked.
"Just stretching my legs"
They all nodded and continued studying.

******************************

"Ah finally !"
The mid term tests had just been finished and the jubilation was every where.
If they were jubilating like this  when it was just mid term tests then what would happen when it was exams ?

Vera ,Dami,Demmie and Mide were sitted in a circle discussing.
"So now we're going to go for mid term break for one week .Abeg,it is even good. Me I can't come and kill myself ."
Demmie said .
The chat continued for some time . They talked about random things.

"You know zombies are actually not scary."
Dami started.
"As in ehn ."
Vera continued.
"It's not even how scary they are . Why are they always rough and green?Did they say they should not be neat ?"
The four laughed at Demmie's complaint.
"As for me ,they scare me .they're not real oh ,but... Hmm.Why do they only feed on brains ? Like ,yuck!"
Mide said, cringing in disgust.

The queen bee of the class turned her head towards them . Everyone knew what happened whenever Jemima faced Mide  so they immediately prepared for the worst.
"Darling ,you have nothing to worry about. No zombie will be coming near that dirt infested thing you call a brain."
Squeezing her palm shut,Mide stood up and tried to walk out of the class but Jemima blocked her way.
"Speak,or you're dumb too ?"
Dami who had told Mide to stop ignoring her in the past listened closely wishing she would take his advice.
He was done pulling her away cause he believed there was a level of bottled up anger the heart could take.
He didn't want her to burst and so he urged her to express what she felt with a fixated look on her face.

"Speak ,now .You can't talk  ?"
"Fight,fight,fight!" Some students chanted .
Mide kept quiet as she tried to calm herself down.
'Calm down . Calm down ,shhhhh,don't speak. She's only trying to rile you up. Don't let that happen ."
Her subconscious told her .

"Please leave me alone ."
She said when she couldn't take it any more.
The blood in her hands were almost gone from squeezing so hard .
"Even when you open your mouth to talk , you  still talk like an idiot."

Okay that was the last straw that broke the camel's back. .

"Of course I talk like an idiot .How else are you supposed to understand me ?"

Mide could swear she saw  a flash of shock on Jemima's face but it was quickly covered up.

The way Jemima launched towards Mide was amazingly fast , yet, not fast enough.
Side stepping her and walking out,Mide smiled to herself.

She knew she should have ignored Jemima to the very last point,but she just couldn't imagine what happened any way else.

At least she was finally going to see baami and Suliat.
She heard Razak had traveled for his sister's wedding.
Believe it or not,she missed mama and her father.
Her father had been nice since the day they spoke in the kitchen.

She had Dami ,Vera and Demmie's phone numbers so her one week at home wasn't going to be anything near boring.