Chapter 21

Enjoy the chapter 😃.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ba..Baami..Where are you ?" She gulped as she sat on Suliat's bed .

"I just got home .I'm coming let me enter and come and meet you . "

"No no I'm not at home . "
"It's late now . Why aren't you at home .Oya start coming .where are you ?"

He asked worried .
"I'm at Suliat's house and I can't start coming ."
"Wh..."
She cut him short .
"Baba I have something to tell you ."
"Ayo mi .What is it ! Are you okay!! Where are you ?"

"He..He tr..tri tried to rape me ."
She cried out making both Suliat and Baami pause abruptly .

Suliat's expression changed from fear to anger. Hearing those words from Mide's mouth shook her .

When Mide knocked on the window of her room,she wondered what made her to come visit her at night .She could always call her on the phone after all ,but then she saw Mide's swollen face ,torn shirt and disheveled hair she just had to open the window .
Not like she would have left her outside either way .

Baami who had stopped in his tracks upon hearing what Mide  said and finding blood in the living room finally regained his voice .

"Who ?"
He asked carefully trying to control his old heart from beating so fast .

He didn't want to believe that the girl he had sworn to protect till he died was almost raped in his own house .

The next thing she said sent him clinging to the wall trying his best not to fall.

"Father ."

The nights he had spent teaching her to respect his son.

Her father.

A father who didn't find it hard trying to rape his own child .

The times she would come crying to him that her father hated her and that nobody liked her .

The days he would have to pretend he wasn't educated just so she could have the pleasure of trying to correct him .

He remembered the joy on her face each time  he gave her money to buy a book .

How could he ever look this girl in the face and see that joy again ?

He knew Mide was affected heavily by the slightest thing that happened . She'd always been an emotional child, hiding herself in the shield that books gave her .
How was she going to survive this .

He knew how tender his grandchild was , and that was why he had always tried to mold her into a strong and independent person .

This was surely going to ruin all his work on her .

He was never going to let that bastard into his house again .
He always wondered why Debola didn't take after him in anything.

Always commiting crimes and coming back home when he had been caught .

Under his breath at that moment,he placed his first curse on Debola .

Something he had forced himself to not do for years .

His mother was always shielding him and that made him feel like he was untouchable.

"Aramide ,j..j just stay at Suliat's house for this night .I am very sorry ."

He said as tears dropped from his eyes .
"Be careful."
He said and cut the call .

Suliat sat by Mide and rubbed her back . She had been crying since the call and it broke Suliat's heart .She had always known her friend to be strong spirited but yet still very sensitive . Seeing her like this broke her .
The images flashed in Mide's mind and the tears just kept pouring out . How did she not see the signs ?

How !
How!
How!

She screamed internally and with blurry eyes and a pillow soaked with tears ,she dozed off .

Suliat shook her head at the sleeping figure of her best friend trying to think of what she would do to punish Mide's father if she had the chance .

She would kill him .

Every part of him.

Body.Soul.and Spirit .

************************

"She needs you ."

"How could he do such a thing ?"

"I don't know but she needs you ; and her brother too .She needs to know ."

" We'll be there tomorrow morning .How's she doing ?"

"I can't say. You should come see her yourself ."

"Bye ."

The phone call was cut as she called out to her son .

"We're going to see her tomorrow. This time we won't be hiding .We're telling her everything ."

*******

A/n: If I say I didn't cry while writing this chapter I'm a liar.

I feel sorry for Mide😖, but a writer's gotta do what she's gotta do .

Who else noticed that someone is missing ?

Suliat wants to kill Body soul and spirit ,Hewoo she don vex 😁.

Anyway,this book does not support rape at all .

Love you guys,please vote and comment and share .That's what encourages me to update and lately it's not be so encouraging .

Bye for now😘💖💖