Chapter 30

A/n: The chapter may be a little wierd but don't worry ,answers will come at the right time .          
                                                      Enjoy💕💕.
Narrator .

The girls walked out of the house giggling about their outfits . Demilade was dressed in a  black body con gown and a pair of gold sneakers .Surprisingly, all of them had the same sizes of shoes . After much pressure ,Ella settled for a white jumpsuit and black sneakers with extra large hoop ear rings that looked like they would cut her ears of anytime soon . Deciding to look simple ,very simple ,Kiara put on a plain pink gown and black sneakers as well .Thank Goodness for the multiple black sneakers Aramide's mum had chattered for her . Vera was clad in a yellow wrap gown and had on her feet ,black gladiator sandals . Demilade teased her saying she looked like their house maid but the outfit actually looked really beautiful . As for Aramide ,After throwing on a plain green round neck and black jean trousers ,applying a small touch of oil to her lips to help with the breakage ,she poured down her naturally long hair and walked out with black sneakers as well leaving the girls wondering how she looked that beautiful in such simple clothes .Well all of them wore simple clothes though .

As soon as they entered the taxi  they had ordered , Demilade looked at her again still in awe .  Stretching her hand to Aramide, she took Mide's fingers . "Will you marry me ?" All the girls burst into laughter and comported themselves once the driver gave them a weird look .
   For a thirty minutes drive ,the ride was long .It seemed like thirty years because the driver kept playing loud songs that none of them could understand .
They were the happiest people in the world once they alighted the car .  Walking into the mall ,They agreed on where they would go to . "Arcade ,eatery, cinema ,then we shop for chocolates ." Kiara gushed . "Chocolate ni,chocolate Ko . I agree sha ,who doesn't?" Demmie asked looking at Vera and Mide . Both of them shrugged in agreement and they began their journey to the Arcade .

******************************
Scrambling off the floor and climbing into bed ,she attempted to sleep again but the memories wouldn't let her .She didn't want to remember but she always did and it broke her . Dashing out of bed and into the bathroom ,she rinsed her face with cold water and looked into the mirror staring at her reflection . Years ago ,this wasn't her .She wasn't the calm and quiet girl she was staring at now .She didn't keep her whole personality in a chest buried at the back of her brain and her head wasn't always buried in a book .
Just then , she heard the voice that haunted her dreams or rather nightmares call her . She didn't answer and quickly locked herself in the bathroom . She couldn't deal with this now .

************************
"Guy ,you know this brotherhood isn't bad . If you join early now you'll be in a high rank by the time you enter university ." He just stared at the guy blankly .He had been battling with this since he was in Jss3 .Back then his height and looks made them think he was older .Before he knew it ,he was already hanging out with them but that was just before he knew that they wanted him to join a brotherhood .What was he thinking in the first place ? That they were planning to invite him to church ?  Shaking his head , he slowly turned back before hearing a loud sound and blacking out .

********************************

Dami came back with wounds and a bandage on his head  .When I asked him what happened he kept mute which made me very scared .  He had been in his room all day and hadn't even come out to eat . Worried ,I dialed mum's number but she wasn't picking .Still perturbed ,I went into my room . What could have happened to him ?
With a worried heart I laid my head and dozed off.

*******************************
"Dami!Damilola open this door !" I screamed in exasperation confused and scared as to why Dami had refused to come out of his room in three days . I was really scared and so was mom .I literally forced her out of the house this morning promising her I would make sure he was okay but here he was making that promise so hard for me to fulfill .
  After banging on his door a few more times ,I dialed Kyle's number . When Dami saved his number on my phone I would have sworn I would have never called it ,but here I was now .
He picked at the second ring and I silently gave thanks to God .
"Hello,please Kyle I need your help .Dami he's ...he's been locked up in his room since on Wednesday and he hasn't come out at all .Not even to eat .I don't know what his problem is .He has refused to talk to me .Can you please come over and talk to him ?" I said all in one breath and I could clearly imagine Kyle's confused face .
"Okay ,I'll be there in twenty minutes ." I flopped down resting my back on the door to Dami's room .

**************************************
Kyle came a few minutes ago and tried to speak to Dami .Can you imagine that as soon as Dami heard his voice, he opened the door and dragged Kyle inside his room .

So if I wanted to talk to him now ,I had to change my face to Kyle's abi ?
I tried eavesdropping but couldn't hear what they were saying cause they were speaking in really hushed tones .

I went to the sitting room and put on the television even though I clearly couldn't concentrate on watching it . Dami later came out and made his way to sit beside me . Refusing to be so close to him ,I moved towards the end if the couch leaving a large gap between us on the couch .
"Hey " He started and sighed when I didn't respond .
Let's see how he feels when he's being ignored .
"Aramide , don't be angry now ." I folded my hands to my chest and kept my gaze fixated on the television .
"Seriously na ,Aramide why are you not talking to me ?". I turned to him and feigned a look of surprise .  " I really thought we all have the right to ignore people around us and keep our mother's worried  for three days,don't you think so too ?" I asked with a raised eyebrow and he chuckled . "I am sorry, how's mum ?" He asked and I simply shrugged . "Ask her when she comes back if you really want to know . "  Some part of me was feeling satisfied with the answers I was giving him .   "By the way ,DA! what happened to you ? I mean you came back with injuries and then you didn't come out for the next three days - Four if we're counting the day you came back home ."  Dami looked at me and gave me a smile that didn't meet the eyes .  "Aramide ,promise you won't tell anyone about this ." My ears perked up at this . " I can't promise what I'm not sure I can do. "
For him to be asking me to not tell anyone it must have been really bad .

"Aramide ,I'm being forced to join a fraternity."