Chapter 32

<<Oh if wishes were horses ,
beggars would ride ?>>

~Dami~

There were just two days left to Christmas day and everywhere was still feeling dry .Usually there would be some kind of happiness in the air filling everyone with the urge to smile but the air didn't smell like it had happiness in it .

It felt like the gratitude of the year coming to an end .

Frankly,the year wasn't the best but I guess it wasn't the worst either .

Frowning , I rose up from the bed and lazily walked out of the room still in my pj's .

A delicious aroma wafted through the air filling my nose and making me increase my pace ,turning to the direction of the kitchen .

"Mum,is that you ?" I asked and regretted it as soon as the words left my mouth .Wow,what a stupid question to ask when she was obviously standing at the cooker frying something .

The cause of the aroma that led me there in the first place .

"No,it's Sherlock Holmes that is standing before you ." She said rolling her eyes .  A small smile tugged at my lips .

"Good morning ma" She wiped her hands turning to me . "Good morning ,how are you ?" I shrugged . "I'm fine ,can you believe it's just two days to Christmas?"  She raised an eyebrow in mock surprise . "Really ?" I groaned . "Ughh." She smiled sweetly getting a plate from the rack .
"Care for some ?" She paused.
"This is just a one time thing oh .Every day is not Christmas."   She said smirking .

I understood what she meant .On a normal day, my mother would never give me out if the food she was cooking until she was through cooking and also if I hadn't had my bath and brushed my teeth.

I nodded and she dished the food for me without any further ceremony . Collecting it from her ,I muttered a thanks and walked to the dinning room to seat . Only because I wouldn't get away with eating anywhere else .

My mother had an iron hand .

Mum followed me to the dinning table
Midway my meal ,I saw Aramide nearly stumble down the stairs with sleep filled eyes .

Before she got down stairs ,mum had already sighted her and smiled .

She smiled ,I wanted to laugh .

Aramide looked completely hilarious with her long  hair going haywire and some sleep marks on her face .

Suddenly ,I couldn't hold it in anymore and before I could stop myself ,laughter escaped from my mouth .

Mum shot me a playful glare and turned back to Aramide as she got down the stairs .

"Good morning mum ,Dami. " she frowned nodding her head towards me as a sign of a greeting.

I did the same and mum smiled .

When would this woman get tired of smiling ?

Not like her smiling is disturbing me in anyway though .

"How are you ?" Mum asked . "I'm fine ,thank you. " Mide paused and glanced at me again .

"What's he laughing about ?"  She said pointing at me .

"Did you look in the mirror before coming out .Oh don't, the mirror would be terrified ."

She raised an eyebrow and before I knew it ,the left leg of her black palms was flying across the dining table and almost hitting me .

I was quick to duck so it landed on the floor narrowly missing me .
I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding .

Don't shake your head and think 'so it's because of slippers that he's scared like this .'  The sole of that particular palm was as hard as another thing .