Chapter 27

"Who is the class captain ?" The teacher asked looking around ."Daniel!"The class chorused loudly ." Immediately, Daniel stood up and faced the teacher ."I believe you have the time table of the other classes ?" Daniel nodded ."Okay what subject are they having now ?" The teacher asked again."B class is having P.H.E but the teacher didn't come to school  and  C is having a free period .Library time ." Daniel responded promptly ."OK go and call all of them for me ." While Daniel was calling them ,our teacher wrote the topic on the board for us . It wasn't quite a topic though .Revision . The students started trooping in and looking for people to share seats with . A classmate of mine who didn't want to sit in the same place with someone came to sit with me .After the arrangement we continued with the class . "Now we are going to be looking at each topic one after the other. So bring out your notes and read .I'm giving you ten minutes and if there is anything you want to ask me ,do so ." After Government class,we were having a free period, the other classes had gone back to their class rooms and some silly human beings in my class decided to make sure I had head ache .I placed my head on the table remembering how I used to run into the toilet to hide whenever my class was making noise when I was younger . Then I would signal Suliat and tell her to come tell me if the teacher left since she always refused to hide with me .Razak, he was never excluded from the noise maker's list . He would drum and drum on the table as if he was really practicing for his future career . I let out a small chuckle at the memory of his declaration for love of drumming ."Someday I wanna be like Henry Duel " he would say with a fake accent . I suddenly felt sad .I really missed him.Maybe I would find a way to visit him when I was on holiday . That wouldn't be far from now any way ,we had only two weeks left before the term ended .
Stepping forward, my ever annoying but useful sub conscious which had been surprisingly silent for a good amount of time told me to start reading even more .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I entered into the room I found that only Demmie and I were in it .Perfect time to talk to her I thought . I took a plastic chair and went to where she was sitting. "Hi." I said gently .She turned to me ."Yeah ?" She said coldly . I sat down  ."Look ,what's wrong ,we haven't been talking for sometime. "  "Maybe because you've been too busy with your brother and your new friends .Ever thought about that ?" She snapped ."I tried to talk to you ,you were avoiding me and I know that having new friends normally wouldn't ever stop you from talking to me ."I responded still calm ."Why didn't you tell me ?You said we were friends and you just kept it all to your self .Like who does that ?"  She shouted. " I'm sorry ,I...I didn't mean too ." "You didn't even explain when Vera and I were asking you ." She said again . "I am sorry okay ." She sighed ."I forgive you ,just quit keeping secrets like that ." "On my honour ." She giggled . So that was all it took to get my friend back hmmm.

*************************************
"You know you should have just told her." Vera scolded for the tenth time  as we got ready for prep ." You think it's that easy to just say something like that any how ?"I asked a bit offended . "Okay okay ,I'm sorry ."  She said .
************************
I had been waiting for Demilade at the science  exam hall .We wrote all the general subjects together though ."How were your exams ?."I asked her as soon as I saw her coming out ." Further maths was not so hard sha ,but the physics was another thing .I swear I was just hearing what is this number ? what is this number ? Some people were asking me when I've not finish doing my own ." "Awwwn Pele." I smiled and walked to the cafeteria we were done with school for the day although we hadn't closed yet because some people were not through with their papers . "So how were your own papers ?" She asked me ."Literature was great and so was government ." she nodded and smiled ."So let's go now ." She said ." Uhm...I'm also waiting for Damilola ." I answered her .

After everyone had finished their exams ,Dami,Kiara ,Vera and I walked out of the school building together .We planned in going to our hostels to get books then we would come to the garden and study together .
After putting on the day wear ,Vera Demmie and I walked to the garden together .
After studying for a few hours ,we went to the dinning hall together to eat .
We did this everyday of the week and trust me studying together really helped on the last day when we were having maths and economics . For the first time  in my life since primary two ,I came out of the hall where I wrote my maths exam with a smile .
"So the term is gone just like that" Vera cried . I also wanted to cry too but I  couldn't .Kiara wouldn't let me hear the last of it . "Hey just few weeks, come on " I comforted ."Yeah ,well come everyday okay !" Demilade shouted ."Sure okay. Oh,that's my ride ,bye guys ."Vera said  and left . Just then Ella waved at us before entering her dad's car .I had long considered what I saw in the field that day in valid .It definitely wasn't Ella cause she didn't act weird around me at all and she didn't say anything about it .So I didn't too .
"Hey mum's car just pulled up ." Dami called .I waved to Demilade and walked to the car dragging my boxes along with me .

******************************
As soon as we got home ,I went to my room and unpacked my things into the wardrobes before going to freshen up .Minutes later ,I walked out of the bathroom only to find mum sitting on the chair in my room . "Good afternoon ma .I greeted tightening my hold on the towel wrapped around my body as I sat down in the bed . " Good afternoon darling "She grinned and jumped up ." So I need you to get dressed quickly and come downstairs, we're going shopping ." Without waiting for an answer she rushed out of the room leaving me stunned as to what just happened . 
I dressed up and wait down stairs after strapping my sandal to my legs .  I found her in the living room watching TV ."Oh you're down already, great ! "She put off the television and lead me to her car .

About thirty minutes later i was walking into a large mall with mum grinning from ear to ear .What made her so happy ? As if reading my mind  she said ," I just never thought I would get to spend such a  time with you ." I smiled at her ."Okay so what are we doing ?"I asked ."Well ,we're here to shop so ...Okay I don't know what you like but let's go to the clothe section first . " She made sure we walked out of every store we went into with at least three bags .
Soon after we walked into am eatery to eat .After that she told me to wait while she went to get something .When she came back , she paid for everything and we went home .

********************************
"Hope you had fun ." She asked as we entered into my room ."I did .Thank you ."I answered . "Okay so let's arrange this things shall we ?" I nodded and put the bags on the floor . I brought out all my clothes in the wardrobe and put them on one side of my bed then I started placing the ones we bought on hangers and in to the wardrobe .Then we moved to the shoes . Two hours later ,my body ached from trying multiple clothes on  and looking in my wardrobe I wondered how I would even wear half of the clothes there. "Okay ,so I have one surprise for you . She handed me a blue nylon . I opened it only to find a box containing a phone . " Before you even say no ,I'll have you know that I can't return it ." I was practically speechless .I just kept staring at it . "Tha...Thank you " I said looking at her face .She looked so happy almost like she was reflecting how I felt . The phone and clothes weren't what made me happy but how happy she looked as she gave me those things. I leaned in and gave her a hug ."Thank you ,I love you ." Her face stretched into a large smile at that . "I love you too ."

*********************
Dami was sitting in the living room so I went to him and asked him to help me set up my phone .When he was done he gave it back to me and I went back to my room .Just before I slept off I received a WhatsApp message and looking at the profile picture, it was Vera . 
I saved her number.
Vera💜
Sup.

Hmm the data was left on .That was how the message entered .

Hey ,how are you 😊?

Vera💜
Good ,you ?

Me:
I'm fine . I was about to send when another message entered .

Vera💜
Have you talked to Demmie since ?She said she's been trying to reach you .

Me:
Oh,I'll call her in the morning .My phone was switched off.

Vera💜
Oh okay ,good night 💜💜.

I smiled as I dropped the phone on the table and closed my eyes .

1646 words

A/n:Sup guys . So we're getting to the  really really fun part of the  story 😁.Tighten your seat belts cause it's gonna be a long ride . I wanted this chapter to reach 2000 words but I feel like no matter how much I tried, this chapter wasn't up for two thousand ,but it's the longest chapter so far .
Bye ,my battery is one percent ,I have to go .
😘