Chapter 29

"Come oh Dami, what's your problem ?Your mood will just change all of a sudden ehn ?" Vera complained as she nudged him with her elbow . She wasn't wrong . Sometimes Dami could be very cheerful and funny and all of a sudden he would become quiet and moody. It was really weird bit we had all gotten used to it .
Just like the way we had gotten used to Ella's constant zoning out .She was weird on a whole different level but knew how to socialize as well . I remembered the day I asked her about the field incident and she said she was walking in the field and she mistakenly hit her leg on a stone . It was almost unbelievable because I had never seen a stone in the field before but then again , never say never . Did I mention she loved writing poetry and I had practically become her critic in the last few days ?
Ella was very talented and I somewhat envied her . I felt pity for her as well .Her brother had a hole in his heart and sometimes from her facial expressions, I could see she had worse problems than that .She was clearly dealing with a lot and even though I didn't know her that much I wanted to help .
I directed my gaze towards Dami to see that he just smiled at Vera's comment without saying anything .Typical moody Dami .Sometimes he acted like a pregnant woman .Don't tell him I said that though .
Two hours ago ,Demmie called and asked if she and the others could come over .I quickly agreed and now here they were in the living room bugging me making me reconsider my reasons for agreeing for them to visit again . I honestly just wanted to sleep .
Sighing I looked at Ella who had her face buried in a book .It seemed familiar ."Please can I see that book ?" I asked with a hand stretched out . "Sure " She said stretching it to me . Scrutinizing the book I realized I had read it before . " Have your read it before she asked as I handed it back to her ."Yeah ."I answered ."Oh ,I've read it before too just re-reading it . " I smiled ."You know that part when they were searching for Matthew's Killer , I actually thought it was Jason . I was crying when I found out it was Kate . She seemed so nice ." Ella smiled and said ," I was thinking it was the gateman. He was the one who actually had plans of killing Matthew ." "I thought so too until I read that cliff hanger in chapter sixteen that Jason's father asked him if he pit the poison in Matthews food . Aaah that book is so complicated ." I said immediately . "I have some books here you may like . I offered and she nodded allowing me lead her to my room .Vera and Kiara had gone to the kitchen to find something to eat .Trust me ,neither Dami nor I cared about the way they were invading out kitchen .We also hungry but presently too lazy to cook .Baba would call that bad attitude if he found out .
I chuckled at the thought as I placed my hand on the door knob of my room making Ella stare at me weirdly .
I gestured for her to seat on the couch .Mom told me few days back that she wanted me to pick a design for my room and once I did ,she made it happen . Although there were a few tweaks to the closet . It became a walk -in closet . According to her we were going to go shopping together many more times and then the closet wouldn't contain my outfits so she changed it . I actually womdered how many clothes i could even wear .Where was i going to sef ?
In fact the room looked completely different and the first time I saw it after it had been designed ,I didn't want to believe it was mine .
Pushing the thought away , I opened a nylon where I kept my old books, although mum had done a good job of buying me many books and even making a shelf for me to keep them and there was a library in the house ,I still preferred most of the books I already read . Not to be ungrateful but some time mum could be a little extra but I understood that she was just trying to prove to me that she cared for me .

I scattered the contents of the nylon on the bed and asked Ella to pick . "So which one do you want to take ?" I asked once she had read all the blurbs . "I think I'll take this one . " She said picking up a book given to me by my former English teacher . "Dear Mamba ." I knew the reason she liked it already . It was poetry . "Okay ,would you like another one ?" I asked . "How about this ?" She said holding up Dara's night . "I'll read it first ." She said flipping to the first page . I shrugged as we walked out of the room ."Heads up , You won't like Austin at the end ,he was always just pretending ." I said with a frown remembering how much I wanted to slap the character . "Hmm, spoiler alert !" She screamed dipping two fingers into her ears as she ran downstairs . I chased after her and we both laughed as we landed on the floor by mistake . " What kind of rough play are you people playing there oh ?" Vera called out from the kitchen hearing our loud laughter . "Is it not this enemy of progress that refused to let me successfully progress down the stairs ?" Ella shouted while sending me a playful glare as she rose up from the floor and dusted her clothes . I clapped my hands together dramatically ."Here ,see who is talking .Sheybe you you're angel of progress abi ?"
Kiara soon walked out with a large spoon in hand ."I am very ready to smack the both if you don't stop with all this progress talk ." She said frowning . The both of us saluted playfully ."Okay ma ,I hope this matter progresses soon . " I said laughing. She immediately started chasing me while waving the spoon around . "This child you're finding trouble oh " She said laughing too right before she caught up with me . "Oya ,oya sorry ." I said choking with laughter .
We settled down on the couch and soon Vera came to join us and we watched a movie together .
"Wait ,where is Dami !" Ella asked out of the blues making me realize that since we left to get books we hadn't seen him ."I wonder what hole he has crawled into this time. " I said rising up to go and search for him . "Where are you going ?" "To go and find him ." I said and walked away without waiting for a response .
Knocking on his room door ,I shifted my balance to my right leg and brought out my phone when he wouldn't answer . "Hello ,where are you ?" I asked immediately he picked . "in my room ,what ?" As soon as he said that ,he opened the door . "So you were hearing me all this while hun ?" He held up his earphones making me realize why he didn't answer . "Anyhow sha ,food is ready ." A wide grin appeared in his face suddenly . He came out completely revealing his outfit .He was going somewhere . "You're going out ?" Yeah ,wanna meet up with the guys ."I nodded ,leaving him trailing behind me .

*******************************
"Let's go out too now ." Demilade whined stomping her foot like a little girl . "Do we look like we dressed up for an outing ?" Kiara asked grumpily . "Why is this girl so grumpy today ?" Demmie asked . "Her chocolate has finished ." Vera responded . Even Kiara who pretended to be hurt laughed . "Seriously, do we look like we dressed up for an outing ? " Demmie and Vera exchanged looks and settled their eyes on me . "Why ...are you looking at me like that ?" Soon , Ella and Kiara had a mischievous glint in their eyes and were staring at me . "I don't like this look you know ."

****************************
Twelve minutes later, after an argument that I couldn't and definitely didn't win ,I was in my room stepping into my walk-in closet with four spectors behind me . "First of all ,where are we going ?" Kiara asked excitedly . "Cinema " "Mall " Ella and Vera said simultaneously . "Okay ,there are cinemas in malls so problem settled. " Demilade called out . "Let's go to Ex delvon or Pentecost . ". " Or what of Haviva ?" "Let's go to Haviva . Aramide what do you think ?" Vera asked . "Left to me , I would say we all stay here ." The girls let out groans making me smile slightly . "Come out of that closet let me smack you ." Kiara said .Second time she was threatening to smack me . "OK Haviva it is .Now our clothes ." Demmie came into the closet too and stared at it for a while .
"Girls , it's time to dress up ."