Chapter 16

This chapter is dedicated to  AnnDeePen.
Enjoy the chapter everyone🌹🌹.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On getting to the female hostel that day, Mide found out that the school hairdressers were around .
After making her hair,she washed her uniforms and went to have a nap. The rest of the day was spent talking amongst each other in small groups. Aramide didn't really have much to talk about cause the only things she knew were useless in the conversations about hair,phones and many other crazy things .
Not like she didn't know anything about them just that she found them too useless to stay up all night for.

On Saturday morning, Aramide didn't waste much time in performing her mourning routines and putting on her regular clothes.

Unlike other boarding schools,Zenith College allowed its students wear regular clothes instead of the day wear on Saturdays because of the Social night ahead.

Feeling comfortable in her jean trouser and T-shirt, Aramide sat on her bed and poured out the contents of her school bag.

She wanted to start doing the weekend assignment early so she skipped break fast.
She had been doing that a lot lately.

Picking her government textbook ,she copied the assignment questions into her note.

Time flew and before she knew it ,it was already 3pm.
At least she was through with most of the assignments apart from the ones she left under her desk at school.

Mide was already very hungry so she went to her locker to get coke and gala.

Yes,she had been living on that kind of junk mainly because she wasn't used to eating any other food that wasn't cooked by her grandmother but she knew she had to stop that soon.

Downing the bottle of coke she tossed it from where she sat to the trash bin.

"And score!!"
Her subconscious laughed at her and she layed down on her bed to stare at the ceiling.

After a few minutes, she decided to walk around a bit.

She walked to the school garden and sat on the bench letting her mind wander a bit .

"Yeah,you could be the greatest. You can be the best .You can be  king Kong banging on your chest. You could beat the world .You could beat the war .You can talk to God .Go banging on his door."

Lost in the song, she didn't notice the figure towering over her.

Taking large strides, Dami sat beside her .
'She has a really nice voice',  he thought.

"You can throw your hands up,you can beat the clock .You can move a mountain, you can break rocks."

She swiftly turned to the voice  that just sang from beside her.

"Jesus Christ!! Are you okay?"
She screamed when she saw Dami.

Trying to hold his laughter from her reaction Dami waved and shifted away a bit.
Just in case she decided to hit him.
"Hall of fame hun?Nice."
"Mtcheew."
She hissed .
"Is  that one na why you interrupted my singing?"

"You have a nice voice I must say"
"Thanks." She replied him even more cheerfully than she meant to .

For some reason she felt free around him.

"So are you coming for social night ?" He asked.

"What a question. Where are my books?"

She said turning the question around.
"With me ."
He said .
"Please give them to me."
His rich laughter made her shiver. His laughter was very close to the way Aramide thought wizards to laugh.
"Come to social night and you'll get your books."