Chapter 24

Recap
"What are you doing here ?"

Mide's POV
------------------------
I stared at him wanting to return the question but then another persons voice echoed .
"Guy wetin dey hold  you na  ?" Dami came out of the room only to find I and Kyle engaged in a glaring contest .
"Aramide when did you get here. ?" Dami asked jittery.
"Few hours back. Mum said to call you downstairs to eat ." I said and walked downstairs in a hurry.
--------------------------------------------
Dami's POV

I watched as Aramide walked away and Kyle turned back to stare at me with a confused look.
"What was she doing here,and mum , What does she mean mum ?"
By now we were sitting in my room ,so I decided to drop the bomb .
"Aramide is my twin sister .Your cousin."
Kyle was choking with laughter now .
"OK OK so now I look like a fool to you right ?"
I sighed ."No .She really is my twin sister .Her schooling in Zenith High , our friendship, it was all planned ."
"You told me she was a scholarship student ."
"Yeah that was a lie .She's my sister ,your cousin and you should get used to being around her cause by Monday ,If mum has her way ,the truth's not going to be so hidden anymore ."
I looked at Kyle for sometime before patting him on the shoulder and forcing him to come downstairs to eat .
-----------------------------------------------------------
Mide's POV

We sat at the dinning table as we all ate silently . Well not all of us ,Dami just sat there playing with his food while I was trying to ignore how awkward the atmosphere was .I think I was excelling at that due to how delicious mum's food was .No one was spoiling my mood .
"So ...How are we getting to school tomorrow?" Dami said trying to break the silence .
"I'll be at the hospital throughout tomorrow so Aramide and Damilola will be riding with you and your sister tomorrow ." Mum said facing Kyle . Her statement made me face him wondering who his sister was and our eyes met.

After Dinner ,I went upstairs to sleep . I had to rest up for the next day.
***************************************

"Let's go now . Stop wasting time ." He sighed ."You know that I'm actually trying to help you right ?"
I had a good time watching the two if them go back and forth about packing stuff up .Kyle's sister was the best ,she just knew the perfect way to make him shut up . They soon got into the car grumpily and I heard his sister hiss as she sat beside me .I had seen her before in school .
"That boy is so arrogant." She muttered . "Hi, I'm Kiara ,I heard we're cousins what's your name ?" She asked me ."Aramide ." I dashed her a smile ."Aaawn you're so cute .Can we be friends ?I think with you I'll have some breathing space from that chicken over there ."She said drilling holes into Kyle's back . "Yeah sure .I know he's your brother and all but his attitude can be pretty glitchy ."I said also assisting her in the back drilling ."Oh trust me I understand you ."
Through out the journey to school,she  was telling me about Zenith High and a few times ,I was like ,dude I ain't  that new here  but extra heads up wouldn't hurt anyone would it ? Kiara was way nicer than her brother.

******************************
We just got to school not long and Vera and Demilade were buzzing around me like flies  asking me how I managed to enter Kyle's car with Dami and his sister . Of course I refused to tell them so they promised to make me pay .I wonder how though .After that I unpacked and put my things in my locker. That they also commented on .Those friends of mine were jobless .
I slept off after taking a walk around the school and woke up to two annoying people who were trying to tickle the truth after me .That was they're way of making me pay and since I didn't budge, they were going to try again .
Not many people had resumed so the school was scanty as well as our room .I couldn't sleep again so I just went to the library to borrow a book .
*******************************
I went into the bathroom to clean up as soon as I finished praying .Though it was still early I felt some kind of weird feeling in the air .Dismissing the feeling ,I had my bath and brushed my teeth in a hurry .Didn't want to be late on the first day of the week .After dressing up ,I strapped my school bag to my back and began my walk to school without Demmie .I hadn't seen her since I woke up ,Maybe she left earlier .
The assembly was rushed because the principal wasn't around .If she was she would have made us spend close to one hour listening to her welcome us back .Yeah ,she did that every other Monday .

I entered the class right after that trying to convince myself that the stares I was getting weren't more intense than usual .It was like they were all watching my every move and soon I began to feel hot .
Thankfully the teacher walked in just in time and we all stood up to greet . After the greetings and the noise continued ,the teacher got angry  and banged on the table. "What's all this ruckus about ?" The teacher asked angrily .
Satisfied with the silence if the class,the teacher went on with writing on the white board . Of course some students were still going to whisper and I was lucky enough to hear one of them ."no wonder she challenged Kyle that day ,they're cousins after all." I knew they were talking about me and just to confirm,  I turned my head to the direction the voice came from. Noticing I was staring at her ,the girl tapped her gist mate and they both looked away pretending to be concentrating deeply on what the teacher was saying . I wished I could do same because my mind was far elsewhere. How did they know ?

**********************************
The teacher just stepped out after giving us some  class works  to do .Miss Emily never used her periods completely,she would give us a classwork or in this case ,some  class works to do before she left the class .The rest of the time, the serious ones would do their work ,the 'jokesters' as teachers called them would make noise all  over the class and the ones in the middle ,the class which I fell into would do what they felt was important to them most at that time . This particular time I was done with the classwork, I had done it while she was explaining. I stood up and went to find Demmie again, it was really weird that I hadn't seen her through out the day.On my search I bumped into someone who I was more that ready to apologize to until I saw his face . I know what you're thinking ,Kyle right ,but unfortunately this time you're wrong .Mr Godwin .That man couldn't control his perversive nature to save his life .He smiled showing his brown teeth .Not like I haven't seen more than one before ,I thought as I remembered my own father smiling cause he was about to succeed in raping me .Shaking my head in order to dismiss the thought ,I remembered that a shameless teacher was standing in front of me with a crooked smile .Sighing inwardly, I looked him in the eye and gave him the falsest smile I could muster ."Good morning sir."   "How are you darling, it's..." I stepped back and held his hand away from my shirt.He wasn't thinking properly was he ? Right now it took every ounce of self control in me not to slap him .
"Don't .You. Dare you hear me ?Don't you dare ." I said as I dropped his hand and walked away leaving him stunned as to what had just happened .What would he do ?I mean what could he do ? Other people were walking in the hallway and trust me ,I didn't care about his subject so he could fail me if he liked .

I just felt numb since I couldn't find Demmie but then I remembered that Vera was in B class so I decided I would go talk to her  during break time.
Seeing a friendly face might at least help in cheering me up .

1,403 words

A/n:Heyooooo people !!!How are you doing Hope you're staying safe .Please do . Better days are coming okay 😊😊.
So how was this chapter ,I really had the vibes while writing this oh especially the part with Mide and Mr Godwin .It took every ounce of self control in me to make her not slap him too 😭😂. But mehn that Mr Godwin is mad shaa.  Once again thanks guys for the votes ,it really means a lot to me but guys please comment too nau .Comment your thoughts, they encourage me. Stay safe too💖💖.

Bye😘