Chapter 2. EDITED

An:Hey guys, this chapter is going to be longer than the first, so get ready for it.

I lived in a slum located in Lagos . I don't even think where I lived was qualified to be called a slum. A slum is classier compared to where I lived.

So I'll call it a slightly civilized village.

I had no idea who my mother was, and I didn't know how to act around my father.
Living with my grandparents made me love old people as well as hate them. Hate, because I hated my grandmother and love because I loved my grandfather.

My grandparents were the parents of my highly irresponsible father who also lived with us. As a father, you would expect him to be my closest friend since I didn't have a mother, instead he was just another person I was expected and obligated to greet every morning since we lived together and he was older than me.

My grandmother tried her best to make life a living hell for me; beating and cursing me for no good reason. Sometimes, I wondered if she knew that I was a human being and not a conga drum.
Although she claimed to be a Christian, I never saw her go to church without coming back to gossip either a member or a pastor.

Sometimes it seemed she was just programmed to gossip .Even things you would normally see and ignore ,she would speak of .

Anyways, I guessed that's why she changed churches like she was changing clothes.

My grandfather believed that no matter what religion people practiced, we all served one God . He was the only one who really cared about me. Although he never really went to church,or a mosque; I saw him pray . I just don't know to who .

My father on the other hand, I do not think he believed in the existence of God. If he did, we would at least have some fear in God and he wouldn't do most of the things he did.

Since none of my relatives went to church ,I shouldn't have gone either but My best friend's mother made sure to drag me along on her way every Sunday morning. I first went with her just so I wouldn't be stuck at home with my dad , but eventually, I willingly started going for the sake of going to worship God.
Apart from God ,my grandfather was the only person who kept me going.

He believed that I would be great, and he made me believe it too.

The wind blew the page of the book I was reading closed bringing me back to reality . It was already nearing evening but I didn't feel like going inside just yet. After all , it wasn't all the time that there was this much breeze .

I sighed as I thought of baba once more . My favourite man in the whole world . My teacher, my daddy, my personal sage, my grandfather. He was a certified multi tasker .

Authors note:Hhhhiiiiiiiii! 😀😀😀✋✋As promised this chapter is longer. Right?? Even if it's not too long, Pls forgive me 😇😇.
I hope you enjoyed the chapter. This is just to explain a few things about our beloved Aramide, I know I said she's going to be really cheerful upon the challenges she faces so I'm going to include that in the next chapter.
Bye, my lovely lovelies😍😘.
Remember to vote, comment, and tell people about this book.
#Live for you
#Live for love.