Chapter 9

I dragged the two traveling boxes  which Mr Tayo had gotten for me up the stairs.
One was pink pokadot  color containing my provisions and one was just black. It contained my clothes and a back pack or rather school bag which Mr Tayo had also gotten for me.
On a normal day, i wouldn't be accepting these things from Mr Tayo  but since I knew that where I was coming too was a place full of rich people, I didn't want to be seen with my old Ghana must go bags.

"Second floor, last class on the left. Second floor last class on the left. "  I chanted the instructions given to me.

' Mide, you'll be fine. It's just a new school,  new rich people, they'll just insult you a few times,  remind you that you're not one of them and then tell you that you're dumb just like everyone else. Then you'll run away and make a fool of yourself just like you always do.'

A voice in my head said.
Another voice began to talk.
'  Oh please.  Don't stress it.  They're rich so what?  You are rich in the heart.  Who dem epp sef? '

' hyper, hype her well oh '

I smiled at the battle that was going on between the voices in my head. It was funny when that happened and trust me when I say it happened a lot of times.
Just to be clear, I'm not crazy oh .

I took a deep breath as i walked into the class i had been directed to. I looked around and examined the place.

The chairs were not the normal wooden separate chairs and desks, there were three yellow connected chairs and each had a small desk.

The class was quite large.

I walked up to someone to ask where the said Kyle was.

"Hello,  please I'm looking for Kyle "

" Okay, he's right over there. " The girl I asked responded , pointing to where Kyle was.

I walked up to him.
" Hello,  I'm Aramide Olatunde. I was told to give this to you. "I stretched the piece of paper to him and adjusted the position of my clothe box.
I watched him scan the paper with curious eyes.
" And you say Miss Patra gave this to you to hmm?"
"Uhm... If that's the name of the fair lady wearing a red dress down stairs then yes."
"How are you related to Mr Tayo ?"
What was he talking about?
" I don't quite understand"
" Don't worry about that. Follow me."
He led me out of the class and let me struggle with my bags.
He couldn't even help somebody out.

We stopped at what I supposed were the hostels.
"Female hostel. I don't know why Miss Patra asked me to take you here . Wait, let me Call the hostel Prefect."

...........................................
"Lights out by 10pm"

It had been a really Long day of trying to take in the environment without fainting at the beauty, settling in and meeting new people.

I had never really related with people my age other than Suliat and Razak so making friends was definitely going to be a problem; I guess.

Someone tapped my shoulder bringing me out of my reverie .

" Hi, I'm Demilade Ogunbade  but you can call me Demmie if you want.What's your name?"
I studied her features.
Tall,Chocolate brown skin,dark  large eyes, hair plaited into corn rows.
She was very beautiful I must say .
"I'm Aramide...Aramide Olatunde."
" Great. So want me to show you around tomorrow? You must be tired."
I gave her a look of appreciation.
" Thank you very much."

She nodded and walked to the bathroom.

She seemed somewhat weird,perhaps I was just amazed by how outgoing she was.

" Lights out everyone"

I went to bed wondering what the next day would be like for me.

...............................
Demmie woke me, she asked if I had collected my uniforms which was a big no.
I didn't do anything.
I started questioning everything I did. I didn't take care of anything or ask of anything and now Mr Tayo was gone and there was no one to direct me on how to go about things.

After some more panicking and receiving weird stares from some of of my  other room mates, Demmie said she would borrow Me her second Sunday wear since it was Sunday.

We  were just about to go out of our room when we heard a knock on the door.
The girl closest to the door whose name I had learned to be Natley opened the door which revealed a girl that looked like a jss1 student.
She was holding Some uniforms and I didn't even realize she was stretching them to me until Demmie tapped me jerking me into action.

"I was told to give this to you."
I collected them and said thank you.
" I guess your uniforms were sorted out after all. Common, go try them on."
She pushed me towards the bathroom to change and cooed as I tried each of them on.

A/n:

:Oya let me not lie. I don't really have power for authors note but, what do you think about Demilade?
Who likes Kyle? He was kind of Snobbish right?

One word for this chapter.
Sewa💖💖
xoxo.