39| Christmas

Well.... it was that time of the year again. Christmas.

I was prepared for how I would feel today, given how I felt on Thanksgiving. And, if I was being totally honest, I never felt like celebrating Christmas anyway. Nor did my dad. We actually made Thanksgiving a bigger celebration... Christmas was always too hard for us after the car accident.

So, given that my dad and I often ignored Christmas anyway, today sucked, but I was feeling okay. At least, I was definitely feeling better than I did on Thanksgiving.

Hannah and Blake had already gone home again, so Jax and I were alone. I knew he'd probably be coming in here to check on me soon, and I didn't want him to find me like he did last holiday. Instead, I pulled myself out of bed, grabbed my shower caddy, and headed to the bathroom.

I took my time in the showers today, letting the hot water cascade over my body. It was quiet in here since everyone had family to visit during our two weeks off. Well, everyone but Jax and I.

I wasn't even sure what I was feeling up for today. We had already finished our Twilathon, but perhaps I could convince him to watch cheesy Christmas movies with me? I loved how dumb some of them were. If anyone's life was more messed up than mine, it was the main character of a hallmark movie.

When the water began to run cold, I decided it was finally time to head back to my dorm and start my day. Besides, I was starving and wanted to go to the dining hall.

I walked down the eerily empty hallway in my towel. Normally, I brought clothes with me to the bathroom, but since there was hardly anyone here, I didn't bother today.

I was lost in thought as I opened my door, stepping inside and dropping my towel as I closed it. I couldn't wait to get into my warm, comfy lounge wear.

"Emery!" A male voice sounded from behind me.

Oh Fuck.

I was so zoned out I didn't even realize Jax had let himself in already. To be fair, he was seated at my desk chair, which was under my lofted bed and therefore, slightly hidden from my view. My cheeks flamed as I hurried to cover myself back up.

"What the hell, Jax!" I scolded, "You didn't feel the need to give me a warning that you're in here?"

He stood up, facing the window away from me. "You dropped your towel literally .5 seconds after entering your room. I don't think you even had the door fully closed."

"Welp..." I said, making sure he was fully turned around before I yet again, dropped my towel. "This is awkward. Don't turn around until I tell you to."

He chuckled, "Looks like we crossed yet another line. I can honestly say, I've never seen a client of mine naked. Not that I've ever wanted to before...."

I finished pulling on my leggings before I grabbed a pillow off the futon, hurling it in his direction. It hit him in the back before falling to the floor. "I'm not just 'your client,' you asshat."

"I know. I'm sorry," He said, running a palm across the back of his neck. "I saw you naked... and you're so hot... I'm just being awkward. I'll shut up."

I couldn't help but laugh. Jax was rarely thrown off; I loved that I had that kind of power over him sometimes. I pulled my festive sweatshirt over my head. "You can turn around now. I'm clothed."

He turned around slowly as if he didn't believe me. Once he realized I was, indeed, clothed, his eyes hovered on my sweatshirt. It had a portrait of Santa holding a white claw on it.

"Santa Claws?" Jax asked, "Where did you get that?"

"Hannah gave it to me as a Christmas gift. You like it?"