36| Thanksgiving

"Are you sure you don't want to come home with me?" Hannah asked as I laid in my bed.

"Yeah," I sighed, "It's fine. Mason and I are going to hang out on campus. But you have a good break; I'll see you when you get back."

Hannah nodded, slinging her bag over her shoulder and giving me a quick hug before heading out.

I was still in my pajamas, and honestly, I didn't feel like changing out of them. Instead, I grabbed my laptop, climbing back up into my bed to start a movie marathon of some kind.

Thanksgiving was hard for me. It had been a hard time since my mom and sister died, and this year, it was even harder as I couldn't even spend it with my dad. I supposed I just didn't feel very thankful this year.

Well... I was thankful for Jax at least.

Since our time at the gym, he had given "us" a real shot. He still had some clear and definite boundaries, and we hadn't gone any further than kissing, but he was open to hand-holding, snuggling, and now kissing, a lot more often. I had been enjoying it immensely.

I pulled my thick comforter over myself, getting comfy as I settled my laptop beside me. I had just started scrolling through movie options when my phone dinged.

Jax: What are you doing? Blake just left.

I stared at my phone. I should text him back and hang out with him— after all, he was alone on Thanksgiving too, and he always made me feel better. But... I couldn't bring myself to reply.

It wasn't that I didn't want to see him, but I was just truly depressed today; I didn't want him to see me like this, and I knew I wasn't going to be much fun anyway.

I ended up selecting a movie- some comedy about twins trading places as I settled in, ignoring the text. Jax would be fine. He could relax today knowing I was safely tucked into my bed with no intention of going anywhere.

However, only 2 minutes into the movie, I heard a key at my door, and Jax came strolling in. As per usual, he looked handsome as hell. He was rocking his black leather jacket today, his hair was damp from a shower, and I could smell the musk of his cologne from where I was laying on my bed.

"You're ignoring me," he said, closing the door behind him.

"Sorry," I yawned.

"What are you still doing in bed?" He questioned.

"Trying to watch a movie."

"Well, get up. I have an idea for us."

I shook my head. "That's really nice of you, but you should go alone; I'm not much fun today."

He sighed, "Have you eaten yet today?"

I glanced at the clock, noting it was already almost noon. "No. I'm not hungry."

He shook his head, stepping up closer to the bed. "Come on, Em, you need to eat something. Come with me; it'll be fun."

"Jax... really; I appreciate you coming in here, but I really want to be left alone today. Please," I begged.

"No," he said. "You are not spending thanksgiving alone. Now, are you going to get up, or am I going to need to throw you over my shoulder and carry you out of here?"

"The later," I said, "please leave me be." From my angle, I was willing to call his bluff. He couldn't possibly pull me out of bed from this high up.

"You asked for it," he said, stubborn as ever.

I should have known better than to doubt his skills, because he reached up, grabbing at my legs as he pulled me quickly to the foot of the bed. I set my laptop aside, making sure he wouldn't accidentally pull it off with me. "Jax--stop. I'll get down myself."