32| Halloweekend (pt. 1)

"HANNAH!" I screeched as she stepped back into our dorm room for the first time in a week.

She smiled, dropping her bag by her side as she gave me a hug. I had missed her a lot, and even with everything going on, I had been thinking about her often.

She looked a lot better; her bruise had faded and she looked more refreshed than she had in a long time.

"Oh, Sky. I've missed you," she chuckled.

"How are you?" I asked, pulling away.

"I'm okay," she said, picking up her bag and heading towards her bed. "It was really nice being around my family."

"That's good," I said, "and... have you heard anything from... you know..."

She nodded, "Yeah. He kept calling me and texting me, so I blocked his number before I even got home. You were right- there's no excuse for what he did to me. I didn't want to hear what he had to say."

"I know it sucks," I said, "but I'm really proud of you."

She smiled, flopping onto her bed. "Thank you. So, what's the plan for Halloween tonight?"

"We are going to a party," I said, running to my closet to pull out my Jimmy Mackelroy costume.

"Oh my god," she laughed, "I love it. Is Mason going to be Chaz?"

"Of course!"

"That's epic," she said, but then her smile faltered. "I don't know if I should go..."

"Why not?" I asked, laying my onesie down on the futon.

"What if I run into Drayden? He always loved Halloween. I know for a fact he's gonna be out tonight," she sighed, "And anyway, I don't have a costume."

I wandered over, plopping down onto her bed beside her. "You have to come! We are going to a party with Blake and his basketball buddies, so it's a totally different crowd than the one Drayden will probably be out with. Besides, Mason and Blake won't let him get near you even if he tries."

She furrowed her brows as if contemplating everything I just said. "You sure?"

I nodded. "100%. I already talked to them. And about the costume... well, let's just say it's a good thing you have the best roommate ever."

Her smile returned, "Oh yeah? Why is that?"

I pushed myself off her bed, rubbing back over to my closet, "Because I got you this!"

********

"To Halloween!" I cheered, raising my shot glass.

Hannah and Blake clinked their glasses with mine before I put it to my lips, letting the cinnamon flavored whiskey fill my mouth before swallowing.

I grimaced, coughing a little until Jax handed me his red solo cup of coke to chase with. The brown fizzy liquid helped to ease the burning in my throat.

"Thank you," I said, passing it back.

I took a moment to look at him; not that I hadn't been admiring him since the moment Hannah and I stepped into his dorm.

I knew that, technically, our costumes weren't that attractive. But, I actually looked pretty friggin' cute in my ice blue onesie... and Jax? He was down right sexy.

The thin spandex material clung so tightly to his abs that I could actually see the cut lines and defined ridges. I could see the thick muscles of his biceps flex as he grabbed the cup back from me, and when I averted my gaze to his eyes, the ice blue coloring popped in contrast to the red and orange flames.