40| New Years Eve (pt. 1)

"Happy New Years Eve, bitch!!!!" Hannah shouted, whacking me with a pillow to wake me up. She was back much earlier than I had anticipated; I didn't even hear her enter the room I had been sleeping so hard.

I glanced at my phone, noting it was only 8:30. "Hey," I yawned, "you're home awfully early."

She smiled, "I know! That's because we have a lot to do today to prepare for tonight."

I sat up in my bed. "Oh yeah? Like what?"

"Like going to the mall to find the perfect New Year's outfit, getting our nails done, and then we need to take a very thorough shower! Then, we will get ready, drink alcohol, and go to the bars to ring in the new year!"

"Sounds exhausting," I yawned again.

"Sure does," she agreed, "but we're doing it. Now get up, and get dressed! I'm gonna run to the dining hall quick and grab us some breakfast."

I chuckled. I generally didn't have her energy this early in the morning, but still, it was contagious. I eagerly got out of bed, quickly changing into a pair of black leggings and a plain white sweater. My wavy hair was surprisingly tame today, so I ran my fingers through it a few times before heading to the bathroom.

Once my teeth were brushed, my foundation was blended, and a fresh coat of lipgloss was applied, I went across the hall to work out a game plan with my bodyguard. I didn't feel comfortable being off-campus without him, but I also knew he wouldn't want to go to the mall or get his nails done; let alone that Hannah would want him to infringe upon our girl time.

After I knocked, Jax swung the door open, and I was met face to face with his bare chest and abdomen; grey sweatpants hanging loosely from his hips. My mouth immediately went dry. Holy. Shit.

I had gotten glimpses before, but I never had a full, unobstructed view of his large pecs and perfectly defined 8 pack. The one time I did, it was dark, and I was freaking out because of the thunder. I stared at his body for a moment longer, trying to save the mental image for later. I literally had never seen a man so handsome; so strong; so... chiseled.

"Ah-hem," Jax said.

I immediately snapped out of it, flinging my eyes up to meet his. His hair was a little messy as if he had just gotten out of bed, and his full lips were curved into a knowing smirk. "Like what you see?" He teased.

"Can... can I touch them?" I asked. Maybe I should have been ashamed by my tactless request... but I wasn't. I was only human.

He cocked an eyebrow at me. "What?"

"Can I touch your abs?" I repeated, reaching out without waiting for his response. My palm pressed against his abdomen, tracing the hard, defined ridges of his muscles.

He flinched, "What is wrong with you? And why are your hands so cold?"

I chuckled, dropping my palm as he opened the door wider, letting me into his room. Blake wasn't home. Thank god too, because I had been just a teeny tiny bit desperate.

"Did you actually need something?" He asked, grabbing a t-shirt and pulling it over his head, "Or are you just here to objectify me?"

"Yes," I smiled. "I mean, I do need to talk to you, but I also was fine objectifying you. I mean... you... " I made a gesture with my hands towards his physique, as if it were explanation enough.

"Alright alright," he chuckled, "What did you need?"

I shook my head, pushing thoughts of his perfect body from my mind... for now at least. "Hannah wants to go to the mall with me, and then to get our nails done. What should I do? I don't think she wants you or Blake to come with us."