Chapter 12

*Shane's POV*

I just had my casts put on my arm and leg when the nurses told me I could be discharged within the next few minutes. Me and Lisa sat hand in hand, me say uncomfortably in a wheelchair, ready to go.

"Mr Dawson?" A young lady nurse finally called out after us waiting for at least 30 minutes. Lisa stood up vastly and walked behind my wheel chair, wheeling me out of the waiting room and to sign us out of the hospital.

"Thank you for everything." I thanked the receptionists as we walked past smiling. I was just happy to get the hell out of that place.

"So, looks like I'll have you be your carer." Lisa volunteered, just so she could stay home with me. I was totally fine with having Lisa look after me for a few weeks.

"You can stay at mine if you want." I asked Lisa, not aware of the risks I could be taking to allow her into my abusive family.

"I'd love that." She replied, I could imagine her smiling from behind me and when I turned around, she certainly was.

We decided to walk back to my house because it wasn't far, although I did have to give Lisa directions to my street as it was tucked away somewhere in between many blocks of houses and apartments.

We got home and surprisingly, no one was there. I wondered where mom and Jerid was, but only for a moment. I guessed that they had probably just gone to pick us a few groceries.

"So, this is where I live." I mumbled, sounding sarcastic and pretending to be enthusiastic.

"It's not too bad." Lisa lied, trying to make me feel better.

"It's fine, I know how bad it is. Anyway, that door is my room. You'll be staying in there." I said, pointing towards my bedroom door up the wooden stairs. My door had numerous holes from where my ill tempered father had punched at it.

"No no, you're staying in your own room. You need rest." She refused, giving me an idea.

"Sleep with me!" I shouted too confidently, suddenly realising that wasn't the best way to word it.

"Whoa, calm down, honey. You're still all broken." She replied, laughing. I felt my cheeks going pink.

"I didn't mean it like th-"

"I know, I know."

I turned around to look at her and smiled. She truly meant everything to me. You know those moments that you get when you look at someone you love, they might just be sat there on their phones or even daydreaming, and you just realise how much you love them? That was how I felt right then.

-

Ugh this is such a rubbish chapter. I'm sorry guyss I've been busy ;-;

Anyway....anyone got any ideas on what should happen next?

Byeeee!!